Sunday, February 12, 2006

Here We Go!

The book is finished. Can you tell?

Of course you can because I wouldn't be here if it weren't.

That's the thing about writers -- they write. And when the book is gone and the editor is fiddling with it (or ignoring it and not admitting it), writers still have to write.

Which is apparently why God invented blogs. Or someone did.

So here I am -- because my friend Kate Walker bullied me into it. And because my book is finished. And even though I have a 2000 word review of a piece of very nifty genealogical software to write in the next 48 hours (more or less), I want to write somethinig else. This, apparently.

Anyway, whoever happens along, welcome to my slightly screwy world. Provided I still have time to write when whatever book I'm working on now is not finished, I'll try to write here and give you a glimpse of the mess that is my office (which was a lot messier until my friend Jessica took it -- and me -- in hand and introduced us to clutter control and, omigod, filing. Also the intriguing concept of throwing things out, but that's another story) and my life (also messy at times).

And, of course, I'll plug my books and whine about my covers and mutter about whatever I feel like muttering about. And you can comment, if you want. You can also visit my website and see all the past books and get a bit more into the professional writing stuff, if you want. If I were clever (which I'm not) I would know how to link you to my website so you can just click and go there. But it seems unlikely that just putting in my website will work (wow! It does. Kate, you're a genius!). But on the off chance it doesn't, you just have to go to Google like the rest of us mortals and write in Anne McAllister -- which, of course, I hope you do.

Anyway, welcome. Stop back whenever. Comment whenever.

Cheers!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate Walker said...

I didn't
i bully
you! I merely suggested gently. But I'm glad to see you took up the idea

And Sid needed another place where he could write missives to you

Welcome to the world of blogging - I'll visit often

Kate

12 February, 2006  
Blogger Michelle Styles said...

OH how lovely that you've started a blog Anne.

Enjoy!

12 February, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, I know what Kate W's "gentle suggestions" are like... ;)

Welcome to blogland, Anne! It's a lot of fun.

22 February, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Kate! Thanks for stopping by. I'm so glad to have you visit. I've heard so much about you from the 'other' Kate that I feel as if I already know you. Hope we get to meet in autumn!

26 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home