Friday, April 04, 2008

Tempting!


That's the name of Friday's book by Susan Mallery.

And tempting it is, too.

In this year of political campaigns, if you can't get enough of them, you'll have a blast with Tempting, which is the story of restauranteur Dani Buchanan who discovers she's the biological child of Senator Canfield -- who just happens to be running for president!

Unaccustomed to being someone's 'secret' Dani makes the acquaintance of the Senator and his wife and their family -- all children they've adopted and one, in particular, extremely suspicious of her. That would be Alex, the oldest, his father's campaign manager, who has his suspicions about whether Dani's story is true or if she's trying to stir up trouble.

That would be bad enough, but the attraction that springs up between them is worse.

Dani has been around in several of Mallery's other books about the Buchanan family. And they get back in here to form Dani's support group and prove to her that being family isn't a matter of blood. Not that she ever thought it was.

Tempting is far more tempting than reading about the real political scene, if you ask me. Someone (Gunnar hasn't picked yet) will get to enjoy it next week.

So, there you have it -- this week's 5 Give-Aways:
  • Dark Lover by J R Ward
  • The Education of Mrs Brimley by Donna MacMeans
  • Spellbound by Nora Roberts
  • Brighter Than the Sun by Julia Quinn
  • Tempting by Susan Mallery
Gunnar will be picking a winner of this week's books from among those who have commented on the blog this week.

* * *

I'm back in Twyla Tharp mode and "scratching" for bits and pieces of Seb's book.

It's what she calls the part where you go looking for those bits of inspiration that will give you something to build on to get the finished book.

The idea is there, lots of the story arc is there. It's the concrete details I need now to hang the story on -- or the handholds I will be scratching out of the mountain this month as I work my way to the top.

Right now, though, I'm thinking a space break looks appealing!

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Madeline said...

Hi Anne, Tempting sounds like a really good read. Is it available now? I'd like to get a copy if it is. I'll be ordering my April books this week, and would like to put this one in with my order.

I hope you get the chance for some down time this weekend, and come back refreshed and inspired.
Hugs, Mads:)

04 April, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne I read all three in the series and they were truly fun reads. I'm looking forward to her next set of linked books due out in June or July I think.

Gunnar is very handsome.

Chris.

04 April, 2008  
Blogger CrystalGB said...

Tempting sounds like a great book. I love the cover.

04 April, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Mads, yes. Tempting came out in 2007 and, as Chris said, it was preceded by books about the Buchanan brothers. I hadn't read them and have been goaded by Tempting to go find them as well. Thanks, Chris, for re-affirming my conclusion because I haven't read them. Susan is a terrific writer.

Crystalgb, I agree with you about the cover. It's very appealing.

04 April, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tempted sounds like an interesting read - much more interesting than the current political campaign, anyways :). In fact all of the books in your giveaway sound great. How generous! Good books are so hard to part with. I have recently started buying ebooks. I get to keep more of them this way, but sometimes I long for the 'real life' hard copy in my hands...

I had to tell you I just finished reading Flynn's story. It was excellent. Flynn and Sarah stuck with me long after the book was put away (on the keeper shelf, of course ;) ). Can hardly wait for Seb's story. Especially after hearing about the hard time he's giving you.

04 April, 2008  
Blogger EllenToo said...

I've had enough of political campaigns but Susan's book sounds tempting. Hope you can get Seb to behave and you can find the bits and pieces you need.

04 April, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Sueb, thanks for your words about Flynn and Sara. I'm really delighted that you enjoyed them and that they have a spot on your keeper shelf. They'll be pleased, too. As for Seb, he's not much different than any other hero. Most of them give me their fair share of trouble, but usually it comes right in the end!

And I'm glad to give away the books. Makes space for new ones and gives someone else an opportunity to read books they might have missed and, with luck, find a new author they'll enjoy. Hard to imagine anyone not knowing Nora, thought! Still, maybe they haven't read this book.

Ellen, Sue's book is escapism from the 'real' political campaigns! I hope I get Seb to behave, too. I think I will. The promise of publication does wonders for heroes!

04 April, 2008  
Blogger sheandeen said...

Wow, there are some very "Tempting" books in this contest!

05 April, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home