Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Alpha Males


You can see, can't you, why there is a definite appeal to alpha males?

They just waltz right in (or camp on your doorstep until you get tired of stepping over them) and take over your blog -- and your life. They don't go away. They have their own agenda. And they don't take no for an answer.

Theo has been back for less than a week now and he's commandeered my blog, taken over my kitchen (at least he can cook), moved into the spare room. And no sooner did he discover that Martha wasn't here and that she and Louise and Alice had created a contest than he got on the phone to Max and Domenico and then started hammering out emails.

Next thing I knew he and Max and Domenico had created a Grooms' Contest that, I must admit, rivals the one their ladies created. Trust a bunch of alpha males to turn it into a competitive exercise!

Still, they did a good job. Not that I'm telling Theo that.

He's too sure of himself already. Well, except when he was courting Martha. Actually having to court Martha was a bit of a shock to his system. But when he realized he was going to have to if he wanted her in his life, I must admit he threw himself into the project.

Theo doesn't do things by halves (as those of you who have been answering questions for him and Max and Domenico know). I was actually quite pleased with his initiative, both in the book and in the Grooms' Contest.

Though I did have to draw the line at him giving George away.

George is mine. For the moment at least. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with him yet (or ever, if George has anything to say about it).

But I notice from an earlier blog comment that Jennifer Y. has turned up willing to take him off my hands.

You are NOT listening to this, Theo! Go away! And no, I won't tell you Jennifer's address!

Jennifer has even suggested George might be able to use a lab assistant -- her! We shall see.

I will mention her suggestion to George next time he comes out of the lab (which I'm sure won't be until after his brother has vanished on his honeymoon). Somehow, though -- word of warning, Jennifer -- I think George may need some shaping up before he can cut it as a Presents hero.

In the meantime, when Theo will get off the computer, I'm working with Flynn and Sara and, amazingly today another one of Theo's brothers, Demetrios, showed up there.

Those Savas brothers get around!

Demetrios is Sara's Very Good Friend, and he's not quite sure Flynn is trustworthy. Neither, for that matter, is Sara.

No, Theo, it is not helpful to suggest that Demetrios may not be trustworthy either!

Oh, dear! Things seem to be deteriorating around here. I hope Theo, Max and Domenico get lots of entries for their contests. Soon.

The last thing I need right now is an almost-groom at a loose end right before his wedding! And I'm sure Liz and Kate agree with me. Those men need entries to keep them occupied. Otherwise I shudder to think what mischief they might get up to.

Theo, get off that computer and go take Ted for a walk and let me get some work done!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Y. said...

:o)

I am patient...LOL

I entered the contest...hope my entry went through and that I answered everything...some questions were tricky and long...those guys made us work hard.

18 January, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Glad you're willing to be patient. George and I will discuss things when Theo is out of the picture and he (George) can be rational again. It never pays to have scientists reacting with their emotions on their sleeves.

As for the contest, yes, I got the entry and you're all entered and everything is fine. Theo is pleased you had to work hard. He figures he did, too, convincing Martha -- and now it's someone else's turn.

Thanks for participating!

Anne

18 January, 2007  
Blogger Christa said...

It sounds like Theo is trying to down play Demetrios and George to make himself more appealing. I don't know why, he's already convinced Martha what a wonderful guy he is.

18 January, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Theo is a brother. And oldest brother. And he's been harassed by younger brothers as long as he can remember. I suspect when he has Martha safely to the altar he'll relax a bit. And then he is about to become a father, too . . . It's a big life change.

I suspect we just have to cut him some slack.

18 January, 2007  
Blogger Jennifer Y. said...

I guess, if you insist Anne, that we can cut Theo some slack....although, isn't it usually the oldest that picks on the youngest...or was it different in his family.

Wonder what Martha thinks of his and the other groom's antics.

18 January, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Jennifer,

George isn't the youngest. He's the next oldest. He and Theo are barely a year apart. They are good friends but also rivals because they did everything together -- and they are very different in many ways. Theo is very concrete, very focused on doing. George loves his theories. They make one complete human being if you put them together.

Demetrios came next, then Yiannis. And finally Tallie. They all have their quirks and foibles. You'll meet all the boys to some degree in Theo's book.

18 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home