Friday, December 15, 2006

Four Things

Michelle Styles tagged me with the meme about Four Things. We did a variation on this some months ago on the Harlequin Presents Authors site, so if you're interested in a lot of peoples' takes on four things, go there (and I effectively "tagged" all these people, I'm not going to tag anyone else by name for fear of wearing out peoples' good will).

Suffice to say, if you want to be tagged, go for it.

Anyway, here are my four things:

Four jobs I've had:
1. Teaching Spanish
2. Capping deodorant bottles
3. Ghost-writing sermons
4. Copyediting textbooks

Four places I've lived:
1. Santa Barbara, California
2. Manhattan Beach, California
3. Pagosa Springs, Colorado
4. Dubuque, Iowa

Four favorite foods:
1. fish tacos
2. green chili stew
3. cranberry almond biscotti
4. poppyseed cake





Four movies I could watch over and over:
1. Charade
2. LA Confidential
3. Paperback Hero (Hugh, but no towel)
4. Dear Frankie

Four TV shows I have enjoyed:
1. Sports Night
2. Alias (the first four seasons; I'm trying to forget the last one)
3. Coupling
4. Remington Steele (the first season)

Four places I've traveled:
1. Vienna
2. Harbour Island, Bahamas
3 New Zealand
4. Australia

Four places I'd like to visit:
1. Ireland (beyond the airport)
2. Greece
3. South Africa
4. India

Four websites I go to daily:
1. Kate Walker's blog
2 The Pink Heart Society
3. USA Today's Crossword puzzle
4. various friends' blogs

The kangaroo has been something of a hit. I'm glad. She/he makes me smile every night when I walk out into the living room and glance across the road. I'm quite sure a run-of-the-mill metal angel wouldn't be nearly as effective in promoting the joy of the season.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear Paperback Hero is a great film - I bought it 'blind' a while ago, but still haven't watched it. I think this weekend will change that :-).

I'm thankfully back in the land of Blog (fingers crossed), and I'm looking forward to catching up.

Wishing you, your family and readers a wonderful Christmas and a fantastic 2007!

Sue :-)

16 December, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Sue,

Glad you're back, too. Paperback Hero is a fun film, a feel-good film, and I just smile when I watch it. I enjoy it a lot. Great? Well, not great art or that sort of thing. But I was charmed -- and well, there's Hugh.

16 December, 2006  
Blogger Cheryl St.John said...

I love Dear Frankie, too!

18 December, 2006  
Blogger Cheryl St.John said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

18 December, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Wasn't it great, Cheryl?

18 December, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home