Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Candidates for Sara


Two candidates have emerged to play Sara on my collage and in my brain.

One of them -- Winona Ryder -- I had already considered when Harlequin Mills & Boon medical writer, Margaret McDonagh, suggested her, too. So I must have communicated something in my mutterings. At least it got through to Margaret, too, that Winona could play this part (in my head).

The other, Kate Beckinsale, Christa suggested a little while ago. I must say I hadn't considered her. But now that I think about it, I've seen her in roles where I could imagine her as Sara. It's intriguing to imagine Sara now with Kate's longer wilder hair because I've always thought of Sara with the short dark no-nonsense sort. But . . . hmmmm . . . .maybe we're onto something here.

And could she have grown out her hair since Flynn saw her six years ago? Oh, I think she could. and what would he think then?

Yes, I can see where this collage business is creating all sorts of possibilities I hadn't really considered. What do you think?

I found a great pic of a little boy missing a front tooth, too. I now have visions of a gap-toothed Liam in my head. We shall see what happens next.

Also found something called self-sealing something or other at Staples today which I can put over a piece of poster board to anchor my stuff, but not stick it down permanently. I know me -- and I would become far too attached to any collage I made and storing collages ranks right up there with storing four kids' art projects for umpteen years (it isn't possible) and the collages, oils, water colors, acrylics etc etc etc that my mother-in-law painted in a career that was something like 75 years long.

In other words, we have enough stuff in this house. We don't need my collages, too. Once the book is over they are going to have to deconstruct. And I will not be able to throw out James P -- I know that already -- so I'm making provisions. Thinking ahead.

My mother would be shocked.

If you have any more suggestions for Sara or Liam or castles or wolfhounds or anything else that strikes your fancy, send 'em along. This is just getting interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home