Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Computer Literate? Not.

So much for bragging about my computer expertise (which is really computer cutting and pasting by another name).

While I seem to have got James P up on my website and I have managed to put amazon links on the sidebar, I also managed -- in Internet Explorer but not in Firefox (go figure) -- to drop my flag gizmos to the bottom of the sidebar.

James doesn't seem to know what I've done. Nor do I. If you know -- and can tell me how to fix it -- I'll be forever grateful. In fact, if you want, I'll send you a copy of The Santorini Bride. (Be the first on your block . . . !)

Ally Blake tells me it's because my pix on the sidebar are too big or the URLs are too long. So since the only thing I did yesterday on the sidebar was change the cover from pink to blue and add the URLs to Amazon, I shortened the URLs (thanks to tinyURL). Didn't help. I mean, it's fine on Firefox, but on IE (which I rarely use so rely on Kate Walker to complain if she can't see the flags) it doesn't work. Still.

Grrrrrr.

I have considered changing the sizing of the sidebar. If I could figure out what I'm doing that might work. Well, I'm sure it would work. It's the me doing it I'm not sure about. It seems more elaborate than cutting and pasting. More dangerous. If the blog disappears, you can figure that's what I did.

Now I'm considering changing the template to something so basic the flags will have no recourse but to pop back up where they belong.

Any ideas?

Besides, of course, the idea of a party which Christa has embraced wholeheartedly. She doesn't want to wait for 300 posts lest we forget. So anyone else in the mood for a party, by all means, go for it. Where should we meet?

ps: Forget it -- what I said about IE and the stuff falling to the bottom. Now it doesn't.

Why? Beats me. James doesn't know either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home