Monday, November 27, 2006

Synopsis . . . Thinking ahead

I'm trying to put the last pieces of my synopsis together. Some books lend themselves to this more easily than others. I've got mega amounts of back story for these folks. But just exactly how they're going to work out their issues is harder to nail down.

It means that I have to think ahead -- figure out what lessons they have to learn so that they can grow and become the people they're meant to be as their best selves -- and until I've actually done it, that's tricky.

I've got bits and pieces. Like a jigsaw now. And I've got all the bottom bits put in -- and the edges and I'm working toward the middle. But I'm not quite to the point where I can see how all the pieces totally fit yet. It's a growing process for Flynn and Sara -- and for me.

We're getting there, though. I have faith in them. And in an hour or so the puzzle will be roughed out and ready to send. Keep your fingers crossed

By the way, we have 30 countries already in just a little over two weeks of keeping track. I'm impressed. Thanks all of you who have showed up to make my flag list grow.

I'm not sure exactly what brings people here, though I noticed in the summer when I wrote a blog about Shaka Hislop, the goalkeeper for the Trinidad and Tobago soccer team that I got a lot of hits from T&T.

I'm pretty sure they turned up because he was on my blog, not because they had suddenly developed an interest in romance novels. But I was delighted they dropped in.

I'm delighted, too, to discover that Shaka is now with the Dallas FC and has been since shortly after the World Cup, having been signed from the premiership club of West Ham in Britain. I really loved watching the game he played against Sweden in the World Cup.

Next time I got down there to visit my daughter and family, I might have to drag my son-in-law, the baseball fanatic, to a soccer game. Both are much better enjoyed in person. Television doesn't do either justice -- at least not in the US. They get in too close and don't allow viewers to step back and watch the plays develop.

Thinking about watching plays develop, though, is taking me back to thinking about my synopsis and how it's not developing while I'm doing this. So I'd better get to work.

Found a couple of more pics of James Purefoy in my blog file which I'll share with you and then I'm getting back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home