Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving

The bird is just about to go in the oven. Great-grandma's turkey dressing (we call it dressing. Lots of people call it stuffing. Is this a cultural thing or a geographical thing or . . . ?) is ready to go into the bird. From here on out, the timing is the thing.

And besides the turkey, I have the male on Monday to get ready. Need to send him to Ally today because it's already tomorrow in Australia! Yikes.

Also there is Flynn to synopsize and send off, Scoop to watch (Hugh is sitting here waiting for me to watch and I don't have time! Life can be cruel.), those Christmas presents still sitting on the table which need to be wrapped (the wrapping paper has appeared from the attic, though, thanks to The Prof) so they don't just get shuffled off somewhere, and then several pounds of dog hair to vacuum up off the carpet (and the chairs and the sofa) before guests begin to arrive.

But before I start any of that, I want to stop for a moment to reflect on what I'm thankful for:

  • The Prof
  • The kids
  • The grandkids
  • My mother
  • The dogs and cats -- all of them, past and present
  • The family wherever they may be all over the world
  • Great friends (ditto)
  • Good health
  • Freedom
  • Opportunity
  • The ability to communicate with so many people near and far
  • All the ancestors who made my life possible
  • Hugh-in-a-towel
  • good editors
  • good covers
  • all the people who drop by the blog and read it and comment (or not)
  • and way too many other things to even mention
Blessings on you all whether you celebrate a Thanksgiving holiday in your country or not. Know that we'll be remembering you here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy thanksgiving Anne! I am thankful for meeting you this year, you're a lovely woman and a wonderful inspirational writer and I hope you all have a fantastic day. When you're cutting that Turkey imagine me ripping my hair out over my b*&%$@ greek!
x Daisy/Abby Green

23 November, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Daisy, I'm thankful we met, too. Lovely to have a friend in Ireland -- especially one who will rescue me from hours in the airport next time I get stuck there!

I would rather imagine you finishing off the Greek and sending him packing. But if you want me to think of you ripping your hair out, I can do that!

23 November, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Thanks, Annie. It was great. Over too fast as far as I'm concerned. Now it's back to work!

24 November, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home