Saturday, November 18, 2006

And the Winner is . . .


Back when I started the Scavenger Hunt contest (which is still running until December 1st when Gunnar will decide the winner), I offered an early prize of a pre-publication copy of my February book, The Santorini Bride, to the first person to send me all the right answers.

It happened almost before I turned around. Cheryl in Ohio had those answers so fast I couldn't believe it! And I still didn't have a book to send her. But yesterday they finally arrived. So, Cheryl, your book is on its way.

And everyone else who wants to win a copy of that and some other great winter reads plus some other goodies to get you through the long cold winter nights (no, I'm not sending anyone-in-a-towel) you can still enter by going to my website, clicking on the contest blog to get the scavenger questions, then sending me the answers via the "contact Anne" tab at the top of the homepage.

Or if you're very lazy and you don't want to go to the website (though I can't imagine why), here are the questions (but you still have to go there to send me the answers -- it saves you going to the contest site, though).

  1. Which book by Harlequin romance author Liz Fielding won the RITA in 2006?
  2. What day is Hugh Jackman's birthday?
  3. What country is Presents author Miranda Lee's home?
  4. British author Christina Jones wrote a book about a woman who owned a greyhound. What is the book called?
  5. Who plays Mark Antony on the television series "Rome?"
  6. Harlequin romance author Sophie Weston's latest book is called The Cinderella Factor. What's the hero's name?
  7. Presents author Kate Walker has four cats. They are called Dylan, Spiffer, Bob and ?????
  8. Who is the sculptress heroine of my book McGillivray's Mistress?
  9. Theo Savas and Martha Antonides are the main characters in which one of my books?
  10. What character does Hugh Jackman play in the X-Men movies?
Send me your answers. Gunnar LIKES entries! So do Micah and Mitch (aka The Trouble Twins).

I should have asked who that guy in the towel was to see if you were paying attention.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate Walker said...

Dear Madam

I appreciate that the idea of your Scavenger Hunt is to bring more people to realise what a splendid Cat I am - A Cat of Superior Breeding no less. But Dear Madam - please do not mislead your poor contest entrants. The photgraph you have chosen to display is not of me - it is a pawtrait of The Phraud - I ask you madam, would ACOSB display his flabsack in such an indecorous way? I can only assure your contestants that if they shoud visit my dear Kate Walker's web site or blog then they will see a much more decorous and elegant pawtrait which will of course be trulyof me!

Your affectionate

Cat of Superior Breeding who must not be named


Note from Kate - word verification fowrju - which sounds very much like the sort of noise ACOSB makes on greeting me in the mornings

18 November, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home