Monday, November 13, 2006

Sources of Inspiration


The Pink Heart's Male on Monday for this week was Rufus Sewell. No surprise there -- he definitely deserves to be among our "heroes" -- even though, as Natasha says, he may prefer not to be.


Well, let's just assume that he's a starting point and, as Michelle Styles says in her comment to Natasha's post, it's the roles he plays that give us pause for thought -- and creativity.

Still, the man himself is a bit of an inspiration as well!

As I have a small collection of pix of Rufus in my "heroes" folder as well, I thought I'd offer a couple here -- to get those of you still fixated on Hugh-in-a-towel to move on and broaden your horizons a bit.

Also I'm gearing up for writing my own contribution to the Male on Monday who will be out two weeks from today. Who is he?

Guess.

No, not Hugh. He's already got his spot. He's #1 on The Pink Heart Blog. But "my guy" is pretty impressive, too.

Meanwhile here's Rufus Sewell for you to be inspired by.

Is he a CEO? An Artist? A Scientist? An Adventurer?

Give him the personality sorter and find out. Or just start to write. It's up to you.

7 Comments:

Blogger Natasha Oakley said...

I agree, Anne - the man himself is very inspirational. And one that needs to be redeemed by the love of a good woman! What more could a romance writer ask for??? :)

13 November, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne, very inspirational post. (I posted one of my fave pics, too.)

And Trish, you need to see him as Charles II. (No towel. Just Rufus. Is v. fine actor AND gorgeous with it.)

14 November, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

No towel, Kate?

Yes, he's a fantastic actor. Completely into whatever part he's doing. He makes you believe.

14 November, 2006  
Blogger Kate Walker said...

WHo needs towels??

I am sitting nere with a very smug smile on my face remembering seeing Mr R Sewell in the flesh on stage in Sheffield when he played Macbeth in The Scottish Play - I had a seat very near the stage and found the whole evening very very inspiring indeed

Kate

14 November, 2006  
Blogger Kate Walker said...

On a more sombre note - have you seen Rufus Sewell speaking Simon Armitage's poem about 9/11. It's brilliant and heartwrenching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yacjArDnRbY


Kate

14 November, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rufus Sewell nominated for his role as Jan in Rock and Roll..well he better win or I will eat my cat...sorry, that should read hat...he is inspirational, looking for roles that challenge, the unexpected. What wil he do next? More comedy would be wonderful! Nadine

19 November, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Nadine, Thanks for the news. I'm so glad to hear about his nomination. I heard he was brilliant. I wished I'd had time when I was in London in September to get to see it. I'm sure he'll get lots more great roles coming his way. I agree that more comedy would be fantastic. Keep me posted!

Anne

19 November, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home