Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Five Things . . .

Kate Walker tagged me from her blog to write about five things few people know about me. I have been thinking about it today and have finally managed to come up with some, so here goes:

1) I worked as an extra in "Field of Dreams." So did my car, but its role got cut.

2) I started writing romance novels because I wanted to name a son Brendan and my husband didn't. And after four boys not named Brendan, I thought I'd better find another way to achieve a Brendan in my life. (my fourth hero was called Brendan -- at last).

3) Even though I was born in California, I'm now fully acclimated to four seasons. I discovered this when I went back to Manhattan Beach and was walking down the hill to the pier and noticed that the city had put ornamental terracotta tiles in the middle of the sidewalk, and my first thought was, "What an idiotic thing to do. How will they shovel the snow off in the winter?"


4) When I wrote Dream Chasers, I sent in a picture of a guy from a catalogue and said, "I'd like him for the hero." And, lo and behold, the artist booked him for the shoot -- and told him I'd asked for him. And he said, "I'd like to meet that woman." And he did! And I then wrote a book, Imagine, about exactly that happening to an author -- and he was my "resource person" -- and was on the cover of that one, too.

5) The first time I saw my husband he was helping some other girl move into an apartment in Santa Barbara and I said to my roommate, "I'd like to marry a guy like that."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for joining in, Anne. I've linked this to the "Five Things" list on my blog.

I love your nr. 4. I've never heard of anything quite like that happening before, and then writing another story about it. That has to be pretty unique.

How come, though, your fist hero wasn't called Brendan?

08 November, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Hi Sharon

Thanks for stopping by. Yes, nr. 4 was one of those serendipitous things that still makes me smile.

My first hero was Colin because he was the right guy for that book. Brendan was a baseball pitcher. I don't know why it took 4 books to get around to him -- but maybe it was because he had to be the right guy for the right story and the right heroine. All I know is, I loved him enough not to want to let him go -- and he stuck around for another 4 books back then and reappeared in yet another 13 years later. I'm sure he's out there now in his alternative universe just waiting for me to call on him again!

08 November, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home