Friday, November 24, 2006

Everywhere a Homebush . . .

There are three of them!

I put "Homebush, Australia" in Google, and I had my pick. Did I want Homebush, Queensland? Homebush, New South Wales? Homebush, Victoria?

Who knew? It's like Springfields in the USA. Every state has one. Or almost every.

The Aussies tell me that the Homebush referred to as a 'recent city' on my neo-counter is near Sydney. It's where the Olympic Games were held, they say. Probably they are right. But how do they know this? Who's to say there isn't a lone romance reader in Homebush, Victoria (or Queensland, for that matter) who can't wait to read my blog every day?

Not me.

If you want to raise your hand and identify your whereabouts, Homebush, I'd love to narrow things down. But if you prefer anonymity, that's fine, too. I'm just very glad you're here and that you've come back!

I've tracked down Espoo, Finland and Leixlip, Ireland. I've found Derrimut, Australia and Curitiba, Brazil. The map search thingy thinks that Italian Gully is in New Zealand, but the flag said Australia. I suppose it's comforting to know that the software designers are almost as geographically challenged as I am. I just won't be asking them for directions any time soon.

But I have to stop spending so much time on this, no matter how much fun -- and education -- it is. I have a synopsis to write. Flynn has got to get to the coffee bar and beyond. And he's got to do it by Monday. I told the ed that I'd been hijacked by Thanksgiving, and she accepted that. But I doubt she's going to be quite as thrilled if I don't turn up with Flynn on Monday, instead telling her that I was abducted by multiple-identitied Australian towns.

It's quite true that I was also distracted by my 'male on Monday' blog post which took me until 2 a.m. to finish. It's ready to be uploaded now. At last. What a lot of work. I don't know how Ally and Nic and Trish and Natasha do it week after week! Check in on Monday and read all about it on the Pink Heart blog -- and the 'leftovers' will be turning up here for those who haven't already had a surfeit of pictures.

Now then, back to Flynn and his drafty (draughty?) Irish castle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home