Monday, December 04, 2006

202 Posts! Welcome, Greece!

I was going to celebrate 200 posts to the blog, but according to blogger I'm already past it (time flies!). Apparently I'm doing 202 with this one, so in the excitement of contest fever, I missed out.

Maybe when I get to 300 we'll have to have a party. What do you think?


Lots to celebrate right now, actually. Greece has joined my visitors' list of countries on the sidebar. Very happy to have you. If someone from Santorini actually shows up, please leave a message!

Of course, I'm delighted to hear from you even if you're not from Santorini, but since the release of The Santorini Bride is getting closer, I'm thinking about Theo and Martha again.

Good thing, too, because I was reminded today that I needed to put up an excerpt from the new book on my website. And I cut out a piece to upload and was all ready to do it when I realized I was posting from Spence and Sadie's book, not Theo and Martha's!

Yikes. Where is my brain?

Anyway, I saved Spence and Sadie -- though I must say the beginning did not lend itself to excerpting and I ended up going with the second scene instead -- and have posted a Theo and Martha excerpt finally. Click on the link and you will be magically transported to my website where you can read it.

Should you be moved to pre-0rder and the link there doesn't work, you can try either of those on the sidebar here. If you've been here recently you will notice the change from the pink Mills & Boon hardback cover to the blue paperback one.

I was delighted to find the paperback cover on several booksellers' websites today. So I pinched one to put up here since I don't have copies of the UK paperback yet. I like the blue better than the pink. I used to like the hardbacks that came in all different colors, but I think that's because I never got one that was puke green. I know authors who did. It colored (it's a pun only if you want it to be) their whole attitude toward the rainbow. As I've never been particularly fond of the pink they use, I think fondly of "the good old days" myself.

Another thing I'm celebrating is that I finally figured out how to put pics on my website without making my webmistress do it for me. This is definitely a step in the right direction. It doesn't exactly imply computer literacy, but it means I don't have to pester her all the time. And if you go there, you can see who I put up in my first attempt (naturally).

No, not you, Sidney. Maybe next month.

A couple of days ago when the Czech Republic appeared, I found a flag to post here, but blogger wouldn't let me do it. So I'm going to try again today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christa said...

Party? Can we start now so we don't forget.

05 December, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

What a great idea! Let the party begin. You're right -- by the time 300 posts get here, we might have forgotten! Us? Forget? Nah.

But yes, bring your friends! Where shall we have it? I belongto a Cornish (cornwall, England) mailing list that has a virtual Christmas party every December and people travel cyberspatially from all over the world to celebrate in Cornwall. We take flying sleighs and reindeer, and someone knitted a plane and fly. It was very impressive.

Go for it!

05 December, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home