Sunday, July 20, 2008

Antonides' Forbidden Wife



And here we have the hard cover version of PJ and Ally's book, now known as Antonides' Forbidden Wife.

It's coming out in UK in September in this edition, which is primarily for libraries. In November it will be out as a Mills & Boon Modern (that will likely be some form of this cover with a blue background). And in January it will be out in North America as a Harlequin Presents.

As the covers turn up, I'll be uploading them here and, when amazon.com and amazon.co.uk have them, I'll try to provide links on the sidebar to their site.

It's a nice cover. PJ doesn't look like PJ to me, and Ally doesn't look like Ally. But that's frequently the way it is with books. Though I must say that the artist's choice of Nathan Kamp for Flynn in One Night Love Child was inspired (probably better than the one I'd been seeing in my head). He wouldn't be bad for PJ either. This guy on PJ's cover is gorgeous, but he looks a bit buttoned-down to be PJ who spent twelve years surfing his way around the world.

Oh, well. He's not an ax murderer, either. I've had one of those. And she's not Snow White. I had her, too.

I've also had the Jay Leno and Jimmy Cagney Death Mask cover. So I'm quite sanguine about this one. It may not be my favorite ever, but it didn't send me screaming out the door, either.

What do you think?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Styles said...

It will look better with a blue or white background, The pink does not do it justice.

21 July, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

I agree with you, Michelle. I don't think the pink does justice to most of the artwork we get for our covers. It's very in-your-face and overpowers most everything. Thanks.

21 July, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home