Monday, June 30, 2008

The bus stopped!


Happily Christo and Natalie and I are no longer standing on the corner watching all the buses go by. Ours has stopped, the door has opened, and we have hopped on.

We have a story!

At least we think we do. And we're giving it a shot. It remains to be seen how long the euphoria lasts. But at least the bus hasn't passed us by. We even have something of a route map. Though I don't put a lot of stock in them as they've been known to mess me up before.

Still it's fun to be underway. Keep your fingers crossed that we have a good trip.

We get to go to Brazil for part of it. That should be exciting. Sadly I'm not going to get to go in person. Not this time.

But I have a friend who lives there, and a son who spent a year working there, and surely there must be some of you out there who would like to chime in with details I can't live without.

Christo's father is a former footballer (soccer player for the Americans among us) from Brazil. I haven't decided where he's from yet. Sao Paulo? Rio? Fortaleza? My son's friend from work was from Fortaleza so he spent time there. My friend lives outside Sao Paulo. I have another friend from Rio.

But Brazil is a big country. Suggestions, anyone?

I'm filling the box for Christo. And while I'm at it, I'm filling a couple of other boxes as well.

Remember George, the physicist who never comes out of the lab? He's on the list, believe it or not. He's actually going to get a book! He even has a heroine. Who knew!

So does Demetrios, his brother. Not the same heroine, I'm happy to report.

Three new heroes. Yikes.

So Christo and Nat and I have to get moving -- otherwise Demetrios and George will be misbehaving. Heroes don't like to stand around. If they have to wait in line for their books, they are inclined to be difficult.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz Fielding said...

Yay, for being on the bus, Anne! I know nothing about Brazil -- South America is a continent that I have so far missed out on -- but will happily discover what I'm missing with Chris and Nat.

Here's hoping that the map doesn't take you on too many diversions.

Looking forward to George and Demetrios, too! Write faster, write faster...

Liz

01 July, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Anne,

Glad you're back on the bus.

I've been to Rio and Sao Paolo a few times and enjoyed both cities.

One city I'd really like to visit is Recife. I've heard it described as the Venice of Brazil. I'm hoping to get there one day.

Chris.

01 July, 2008  
Blogger Margaret McDonagh said...

Great news that you are all on the bus and I wish you an enthralling journey and a happy ending with no detours on the way.

Am just nearing "destination" myself - 2 weeks to deadline so panic decresing!

As for the stack of heroes in waiting, I have a similar problem. Several guys, in fact, all determined to get their women, and jostling for position to try and be next in line for their book. I wish I could do as Liz said and writer faster. Or have clones of me working on different books at a time!!! In the meantime, I'm thinking of maybe sending the guys off on an all-action adventure holiday or something to give me some peace for a bit.

Good luck, Anne, I hope Christo & Nat are kind to you.

Love,
Mags xx

01 July, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Liz, you need to write faster, too! And I'll do my best with Brazil.

Chris, I may have to pick your brain! Stand by. And I'll check out Recife. I seem to have heard the same thing you did, now that you remind me.

Mags, yes, I know you have a regular line-up of heroes just pushing and shoving to get their stories told. You might have to build a wing on the hospital of your Scottish med center for them all!

01 July, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home