Friday, June 20, 2008

And the winner is . . .


Kate Walker!

I suspect Gunnar of being bribed, but he insists that I am the one who put the treats on the names. He's only the eater.

And Kate's name was the one on the slip of paper he gobbled his first treat off of.

So, Kate, you are the winner of the signed copy of Tess Gerritsen's The Mephisto Club -- and a definite departure from your normal reading fare it will be.

I'll post it on Monday. Gunnar hopes you enjoy it. And of course, so do I.

Thanks to everyone who participated this week. I appreciate the discussion.

I spent part of the afternoon at the movies enjoying Indiana Jones -- and the other part with the three ideas for future books I sent my editor yesterday.

We are going to discuss them on Monday. So I need to be prepared. It's not often I juggle three book ideas in my head at once. It's not often I even have enough plot to talk about one of them. Let's hope I do on Monday.

So the next guy up might be Christo -- or it might not.

I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime, on Sunday I'm going to be blogging over at Tote Bags 'n' Blogs, so drop in and say hi. I'll come back and make a live link when I've put up my post.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Dina said...

Congrats Kate.

21 June, 2008  
Blogger Kate Walker said...

Oh - what a surprise! Though accusations of bribery are unjust!(Except that Sid was on the phone to someone and talking about treats . . . ;o)

How great to win Tess's book - though it may not be such a departure from my normal reading. I don;t have a 'normal' - and I do love a good scary thriller. The Offspring assures me that this is a very good one so I'm really looking forward (originally wrote looking ofwrad) to reading this one and I suspect that he will then snaffled it for a reread.

Thak you! I really needed something new on my TBR pile ;o)

And thanks for the congrats Dina

21 June, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Gunnar denies all accusations. He says you won fair and square -- and he doesn't talk to c.a.t.s. on the telephone. (I think they communicate telepathically when we aren't involved.)

Hope you enjoy the book, Kate. And you can lend it to The Offspring afterwards if you so desire. There might be a cat or two who would enjoy it as well.

21 June, 2008  
Blogger Madeline said...

Gunner has good taste. He picked a really fine lady to win this book. Congratulations Kate! Enjoy! Mads:)

24 June, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home