Monday, June 09, 2008

over my head

I'm taking a course in using law libraries and government document repositories in genealogical and historical research.

I'm drowning.

And you're reading a woman who grew up in libraries and who worked in one for five years at university.

But I don't have a clue.

Fortunately I have good teachers who are doing their best to make sure I get clues and are working me to a frazzle with lots of "problems" to solve and stuff to find -- and the means to find it, if only I can figure out how.

I had an aha! moment at the very end of this afternoon's class on using computer search engines like LexisNexis and Readex and several others. It made me fall in love with Readex because I actully found one of the people I was looking for using it. But I'm supposed to figure out how to use books as well.

That's going to be more than a week's worth of work, believe me.

I think maybe Natalie dropped out of law school. That's about as much inspiration as Im capable of at the moment.

Oh, and I think I terrify one of my professors who is afraid he might turn up in a book someday.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Madeline said...

Hi Anne, I just stopped by for a quick hi, and to let you know that I haven't forgotten you.
I hope with all that traveling that you still find some time to have fun.
Tell that professor not to be afraid if he turns up in one of your books. He should feel honored if you even considered it. He would be famous with all of us Anne McAllister fans.
Well I've got to go for now. I promise to check back in more often. I have to give you an update on Satan's Furry Daughter soon.
Hugs, Mads:)

12 June, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

hi Mads,
good to see you here. I'm having lots of fun but working hrd. I'll tell the prof. He might be coming around to thinking it's okay to be a romance hero. He did say he thought my heroine dropping out of law school was a good idea!

12 June, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home