Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Making Other Plans


I realize that I said I would post Ellie pix this week. Actually I think I said, "tomorrow," a few days ago.

But while I was planning to do that, life was making other plans.

My cousin has come to visit and we've been going places and doing things -- as you do when you have a life and not only a book -- and today we are going to visit the old home of our grandfather and the cemetery where his parents are buried.

Then we're going to visit our almost 100 year old cousin (June 1 is the Big Day!).

We discovered we bought her the same birthday card because, actually, how many cards do you suppose Hallmark makes for 100 year olds? And don't they realize that when someone reaches that amazing milestone that lots of people will buy them cards -- AND THEY WILL INVARIABLY BE THE SAME ONE?

Well, we hope she enjoys the symmetry of it.

No word from the ed yet, which is good since I have no time to do anything about any 'tweaking' of Seb she may want. Seb thinks tweaks are beneath him, but I've assured him they aren't.

I'm quite taken with the Greek with the chip on his shoulder and the taming of the shew notion set in San Francisco that lots of my fence painters on the Pink Heart blog were suggesting for a follow-up to Seb.

The Greek with the chip has a name. I think the heroine is coming into focus. She may have a name. She definitely has an attitude. No story yet, but the people are getting sharper.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Dina said...

Ellie is sooooooo cute. :)

My granddaughter will be 1 Sunday.

Wow, 100 yrs old, I don't want to live that long, personally.

13 May, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne, Ellie is adorable you must be so proud of her.

Hopefully there'll be no tweaking of Seb.

Chris.

13 May, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Congrats to your 1 year old granddaughter, Dina! That's great. I hope she lives closer than my two. They're each nearly 1000 miles away for most of the year. Not fun. At least the grandsons are closer.

Chris, thank you for the hope that Seb will be tweak-less. He certainly hopes so, too. As, of course, do I. And thanks for the compliment on Ellie. We are indeed proud of her -- and think she's very very special.

13 May, 2008  
Blogger Christa said...

Ellie is adorable.
Here's to a tweakless Seb.
Hmm wonder if anybody has mentioned that to Hallmark

14 May, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Hi Christa,

Thanks. We're pretty impressed with Ellie's easygoing behavior and general ability to sleep when she's supposed to!

Fingers crossed that Seb is as tweakless as he hopes to be.

And I should think it would occur to Hallmark that they need more than one card, but apparently it doesn't seem to have dawned on them.

14 May, 2008  
Blogger lidia said...

Anne,
Ellie is way too cute!!! I can certainly understand why you like to visit with her.

Happy Birthday to your cousin!

When will Seb's story be published? I can't wait to read it!

14 May, 2008  
Blogger Michelle Styles said...

In the UK, the Queen sends a birthday card when someone turns 100. I have often wondered does the President or maybe the govenor of the state? As you might be able to tell, I don't know that many 100 year old people. And I think it is absolutely that your cousin reached 100.

Your grand daughter is cute
and hooray that you are thinking about that one as it sounds great.

Fingers crossed for tweaks.

14 May, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Hi Lidia,
I'll pass on your good wishes to my 100 year old cousin! She'll appreciate it. We had a great visit, went to see lots of the places she's lived in the small town she has been in for 100 years (except for the first 7 when she was out on the family farm). She's bright and funny and a gold mine of information on the family and the local area -- so if you're going to get to be 100, that's the way to do it.

I don't know any details about Seb -- he left, and I haven't seen or heard from him since. He's in the ed's hands, and until she comes back with revisions or (better yet) an acceptance check, I won't. No title yet and no release date either. First there will be PJ's book, Antonides Forbidden Wife, which comes out in UK in Nov 08 and in the US in, I think, Jan 09.

Michelle, I believe the President does send a birthday card to people who make it to 100. How he knows, I don't have any idea, but maybe he has his minions keeping an eye on things. Or maybe the Social Security administration has the paperwork that will let him do it.

I'm thinking about the "shrew" angle and am not very comfortable with it, so that may change, but the characters are coming alive.

15 May, 2008  
Blogger Madeline said...

Hi Anne, The pictures of Ellie are so cute. She looks like she is a real charmer. Does she like shopping? The picture of her in the cart is so cute.

Wish your cousin a very happy 100th birthday from me. I hope she enjoys every moment of her special day.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a tweak free Seb.

Sadie The Terror sends her Love.

Have a great weekend. Hugs, Mads:)

16 May, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home