Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Wrangling Frogs

The ducks were easier.

But only because they're finished. It's while you're rounding them up that they seem so difficult. Now I sit back and think, "Ducks? Get 'em in a row? Easy. Piece of cake."

Frogs? Different story.

The chapter eight frog -- who took his own sweet time showing up -- was an absolute angel when he got here. It's chapter nine who is cutting up rough and making me nuts. So I've taken him to task and we've had a long chat.

I even brought in a frog counselor to discuss his errant ways with him. Now we've figured out his issues -- he has to learn to trust -- and I am hoping we can go on from here.

Actually I'm confident we can go on from here. I have my airline ticket to prove it. So excuse me while I go finish the book. I'll be back when I have.

In the meantime, think positive things about frogs on the march.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Kate Walker said...

>>and I am hoping we can go on from here.

And of course I read that as 'I am hopping . .. '

Good luck with the frogs. You do choose difficult critters to herd - though Sid says of course you could try herding cats - well you could *try*!

Oh and I'm just wondering if it's something to do with having the same inspiration for our hero - as I try to herd Santos to his HEA!

Good luck

Kate

30 April, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Thanks, Kate. Maybe it is having the same hero! But Seb is cooperating at the moment. Maybe you should have named yours Sid -- and tried herding him!

Best of luck finishing your revisions. I'll be there in a few weeks, once the ed has had her chance to read Seb's book!

Oh, and I read it as "hopping" too and had to make sure I'd spelled it right.

30 April, 2008  
Blogger Christa said...

Yup I can see ducks being easier. they juast waddle off but frogs have been known to leap great distances

30 April, 2008  
Blogger EllenToo said...

And when frogs leap there's no telling what direction they are going to leap in.

01 May, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Christa, ah, yes, but ducks can FLY, too. Which makes herding them tricky.

Ellen, fortunately they all leapt off to England bright and early this morning!

01 May, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home