Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Birthdays!

Back!

Wonderful trip. Hope you all had a great time without me. Sorry I only missed you a little, but the granddaughter more than made up for all the great people here. When I get the pics downloaded, I will bore you with a few.

In the meantime, it's birthday celebration time! While I was gone, I missed Michelle Reid's. So, very sorry, Michelle, but you were thought of. And I'm glad you got your revisions finished and are taking a deep breath and -- I hope - resting between books.

And happy birthday to Mitch who was FIVE yesterday (and no, not months, though sometimes he acts like it!). We'll celebrate today, Mitch!

Also, happy birthday today to my wonderful daughter-in-law Marie who made me so welcome these last few days. She and son and granddaughter gave me a memorable vacation with them. I wish I'd been there to babysit tonight so the adults could go out to dinner and the granddaughter and I could hang out (except she goes to be with the chickens, so I wouldn't get to play with her much in the evening -- unless I was corrupting her! -- and I wouldn't want to do that because she's a very good sleeper and her parents have worked hard at it.

And a special and wonderful happy birthday to my dear friend Kate Walker who shares Marie's birthday and thus proves that May 7th must be a stupendous day to be born. Kate, too, just survived the revisions process and is recuperating. So enjoy your book-free days, my dear. Though I know you are still very very very busy!

Anyone who wants to leave birthday greetings for them here, I'll be sure to pass them along -- and they may get here to see them themselves. Certainly Mitch will!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Christa said...

sounds like you had a great time. welcome back.
Birthday wishes going out to Michelle, Mitch, Marie, Kate. I hope you all enjoy your special day

07 May, 2008  
Blogger Dina said...

Glad you had a fun time, missed you here. :)

Happy birthday to Michelle, Mitch, Marie & Kate.

07 May, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Hi Christa and Dina,
Thanks for your good wishes which I have passed on. I missed all you guys, too. But the granddaughter was definitely worth the trip! Good to be back, though.

07 May, 2008  
Blogger Madeline said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Michelle, Mitch, Marie and Kate.
Thank you Anne for letting us know about these May Babies birthdays.

I'm glad you had a nice visit with your family. I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures from your visit.
Hugs, Mads:)

07 May, 2008  
Blogger Bunny B said...

Woo! Must have been a fun vacation! :) Happy Birthday to Michelle, Mitch, Marie & Kate! :)

08 May, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Thanks, Mads and Bunny. Greeting and good wishes have been passed on. It was a terrific vacation. Almost sorry to be home!

08 May, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home