Sunday, May 18, 2008

Cleaning Up


I've had a busy week. My cousin's visit meant I spent a lot of time with him and not so much time with you (apologies, but I did enjoy his visit a lot).

Now I am faced with MY OFFICE which is beyond awful, because I cleaned out our bedroom to paint, and then I cleaned out the guest room to make sure he had plenty of room and somehow all of the excess ended up in my office. So there are STACKS and STACKS of books and papers and whatnot (it's the whatnot I'm particularly concerned about) that I need to go through and sort and get rid of or file or figure out what to do with. And it's not like I have a spare bookcase or a spare filing cabinet just sitting around looking hopefully for STUFF to fill it.

Sigh.

Anyway, that's my job this week unless Seb reappears for revisions. We shall see. For the first couple of weeks after I finish a book I feel relieved and glad not to see him. But by this time he's beginning to feel like another shoe about to drop -- and I wish he would so I can deal with him and get on with things.

I don't multi-task as well as I used to, and I don't like having him hanging fire while I'm actively trying to think about characters from another book. I spent a while last night in search of a hero. I think I have found a pic of him. Just need to let him 'simmer' a while and see if that's really him or not. I thought I knew who Seb was, and he turned out not to be anything like, so I had to do a new search halfway through the book.

So . . . today I look for more pics in between shoveling out the office. Tough work, but someone's got to do it!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger EllenToo said...

Anne --I do not envy you having to shovel out your office. I remember having to that at the end of each school year. Both my room at school and my office at home always needed shoveling; but deciding what to keep for the new school year was always the biggest problem.

18 May, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Ellen, I appreciate the commiserations. For me the hardest part is knowing where to put things I need to keep. Every time I go to get rid of books, I end up needing them again. And I have simply run out of space.

My husband just switched his books from school to home for the new courses he'll be teaching in the fall. Heaven knows what he'll do with them when he retires!

18 May, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home