Monday, February 09, 2009

New look on its way!

I've been watching (and adding and subtracting apostrophes) while Heather of WeWriteRomance works wonders with her website magic and creates my "new look."

It's all coming together really well. I'm delighted beyond belief. I hope that when it finally goes live -- which will probably be Friday -- you will all stop by and take a look. She has worked and worked and worked to get all the material organized and to create portals to the different book lists and generally to make things accessible again.

She deserves several gold stars for all her effort (and no, she's not holding a gun at my head and making me say this. She doesn't know I'm saying it. She's too busy working.)

Anyway, one of the pages she has put up is my contest page and in honor of Valentine's Day and my "new look" there will be a contest to win a Goody Box featuring some backlist titles, some goodies I've picked up in the last few months with an eye to contest, several books by other authors --- and a brand-new not-yet-published copy of Savas's Defiant Mistress.

This is the cover. I am not sure where it's supposed to be. The book takes place in Seattle -- largely on a houseboat. The houseboat is not quite as glamorous as this setting. But maybe this is supposed to be a wedding. They went to a wedding. There wasn't a boat in the wedding, but poetic license, I think, allows them to put a city, a boat and a wedding that all occur in the same book together on the cover of that book.

I'll be introducing you to Sebastian and Neely in the next few weeks.

Anyway, please stop back here to click your way to my website or go directly there on the weekend and look around. Send me comments if you wish. I'm sure Heather would like to hear what you think, and I know I would.

I think she's done a fabulous job. Thanks, Heather!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Heather R. said...

Oh, Anne!

You are so making me blush! It has been fun working with you on this project, and I very much appreciate your kind words.

I was over here this morning looking at what will need changed on the blog template and found your wonderful post! Here's to hoping no glitches between now and Friday!

Warning to visitors here...your eyes aren't deceiving you if you see something strange...just refresh! ;-)

10 February, 2009  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Anne, what wonderful news and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Your cover is lovely and living in Seattle, I think the cover is reflecting a houseboat. They are quite lovely and posh. Can't wait to read the book!

10 February, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Heather, You've done a magnificent job. I can hardly wait until Friday when everyone else can see it, too.

Marilyn, Do stop back and check out the 'new look.' It's lovely. And you may be right about the houseboat on the cover, but it is NOT the houseboat I wrote about, that's for sure. I know the houseboat I wrote about -- it was warm, and attractive and very livable. But it didn't look like a yacht escaped from Monte Carlo! This cover might be more suitable for my Cannes book I'm working on now. But it's a nice cover just the same, so I'm not complaining -- merely bemused.

10 February, 2009  
Blogger Liz Fielding said...

Anne, you are too experienced an author to expect "your" houseboat on the cover.

I just had groom wearing white tie and tails. Clearly whoever dreamed that one up has been watching way too much "Celebrity Come Dancing".

Looking forward to the new look!

12 February, 2009  
Blogger Avi J said...

I know this story will be fantastic as the rest of your books. Love the new website

12 February, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

You're right, of course, Liz. But I keep hoping. White tie and tails, eh? Could it be that illustrators don't live in our world?

Avi, thanks for the good words. I'm glad you like the new look. It should "launch" tomorrow - Valentine's Day -- officially, though Heather is still making links and putting things together even as I write this!

13 February, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home