Thursday, May 04, 2006

Dazzling . . . how wonderful to see!

Well, it's a little blurry still admittedly. But the colors are fantastic as I knew they would be from the earlier operation. Everything is so, um, vivid. Words fail.

I knew what to expect from this second cataract operation. It seemed to go faster than the first one. Maybe because I was the first person of the session so I didn't have to wait for anyone else's to finish. All I know is, I went in at 11:30 a.m. and I was home by 2:00 p.m. Pretty fast, I think.

I took a nap and my friend Nancy brought over turkey tacos for dinner because she is wonderful and she even tossed in little pieces of key lime pie (my favorite!) so I was well nourished as well as able to (sort of) see.

Then we watched Alias, which was less than dazzling. The previews indicate that Michael Vartan will be back -- at last -- next week. All I have to say is, "What took them so long?" The one last night was bordering on pathetic. They lost me a long time ago, and they aren't getting me back apparently. They at least better pull out all the stops with Vaughn's return.

And I had better stop quibbling about them and pull out all the stops on Spence as soon as I can see the keyboard longer than five minutes at a stretch!

Anyway, off to get the doc to check his handiwork. Then --- to Spence. I hope.

4 Comments:

Blogger anne frasier said...

wow! i can't believe you are back online so quickly!!!
and i'm so glad it all went well.

woo-hoo!

04 May, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

thanks, Anne. Yes, all did go very well. And the doc is quite pleased. He said, "You can do anything you want now. But you don't have to tell anyone yet." (He knows I'm not desperate to lug trash cans around and clean up after the dogs!) It's still blurry, but that's as much from the ointment, I think, as from the surgery itself. Good luck with the tooth issue!

04 May, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful! I'm so glad the op went well and you can enjoy your sight, Anne. What a gift.

04 May, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Thanks, Julie! I don't take it for granted, that's for sure! And the colors are just brilliant. I'm looking at the VERY BLUE COVER of your M&B Modern Extra right now thinking how lovely it is (to go with the content, of course).

04 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home