Monday, June 05, 2006

Back at Work

They both turned up for work this morning. I turned on the computer and there they were -- just like they'd never been away. In fact they talked my ears off. First Sadie, now Spence.

He is a bit dazed and confused. Not to mention furious. But it's good that all his excess energy has a focus. Even if it's aimed at poor Sadie.

Poor Sadie, like hell! How could she just sit there like some bloody clam all this time and never say a word. What did she think she was doing?

Ah, I see Spence has invaded the blog again. Not even waiting for an invitation this time. I suppose you want to spend the evening ranting at her, do you, Spence?


Damned right I do! I've got to get this mess sorted out -- and quick. She can't just walk in here and turn the world upside down. We're going to sort this out right now. Hey, you! McAllister! Anne! Annie! Where do you think you're going? Come back here! We've got work to do!

You have work to do, Spence. I'm busy. We're having company this evening.

Company? You can't! No way. You absolutely cannot walk out of this room and leave me with that scene half written. Get back here and -- !

Later, Spence. There are dogs that need walking first. And a friend coming over to watch a couple of episodes of the first season of WINGS on DVD. Maybe after . . .

After? After WINGS? I'm less important than a DVD? You're going to play instead of work? Just watch a DVD and leave me pacing here?!!!!

Apparently I am.

But --

Characters don't get their way all the time, Spence. I'll be back in a while. In the meantime, give some thought to what you might want to tell Sadie.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home