Monday, August 07, 2006

Moral Dilemmas

Spence here.
Long time, no see. Been busy. We've made some progress. Finally.

And after an interminable time on an airplane -- while Anne got her act together -- we're finally in Fiji and can stretch our legs. We could do a few other things, too, while we're here. And I think you know what . . .

Or we could if I didn't think that doing it was going to screw up the only good thing in my life.

So, it's a dilemma. There's immediate gratification -- provided I don't get a shoe thrown at me -- and there's, well, honor. Common sense. The long haul. The big picture. Trying To Do The Right Thing.

All of the above.

What I want to know is: why is doing The Right Thing so damn hard? And what the hell is Sadie mad about? She should be GLAD I'm trying, shouldn't she?

I'm doing this for her. Or NOT doing it for her. But is she grateful? Hell, no. She breezes around in next to nothing one minute -- and then she acts like Ms. I'm-All-Business the next. What's up with that?

At least we're making progress on the deal. Business is working out. You can always count on business. It's the only thing a guy can trust.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home