Saturday, July 29, 2006

Jess and Hugh and all the rest . . .


Back in April I wrote about Jess Harper, my childhood crush. He was the character played by Robert Fuller on the TV program Laramie. The program was good (and has stood the test of time rather better than many westerns of its day). But Jess was better.

Well, today I wrote about Jess again on Lucy Monroe's party blog. And I wrote about Hugh-in-a-towel, because the appreciation of a good man doesn't die an early death, believe me.

Coincidentally it's Robert Fuller's birthday today (as well as the birthday of my one and only granddaughter!) and also the day my book The Stardust Cowboy won the RITA at the RWA National conference in 2000 when it was in Washington DC.

It actually beat my own Gibson's Girl which was also a finalist in the same category that year. So . . . a very good day indeed. Coincidentally, too, there is another RITA award being given tonight. I wish all the contestants good luck. I'll be keeping an eye on the proceedings (albeit from a distance this year).

In the meantime, happy birthday, Bob. Happy birthday, Grandkid. Happy RITA, Riley and Dori.

Back to Spence, who is driving me insane!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kate Walker said...

HappY Birthday Robert Fuller!
Happy Birthday Glow Baby!

And Happy Rita Anniversary to you too dear Anne.

Wishing many many more of each to all of you

And Hugh in a towel got another - er - airing - at my course in Caerleon this week. Plus Hugh in Kate and Leopold, Hugh as Wolverine, and Hugh in black boxers as in Someone Like You (aka Animal Attraction) Well, someone has to do the research for examples for heroes - it's a hard job but somone's gotta do it!

Come on Spence - cooperate. Vito did and look where it got him - into a 'beautiful book'!

29 July, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

You're right, Kate. Someone's gotta do it. Glad Hugh got more exposure (!) at Carleon.

I'm telling Spence what's in store for him if he doesn't cooperate! And promising him a happily ever after if he does!

29 July, 2006  
Blogger Lis said...

Hi Anne, came over here from the blog party. Great website!! Could you please enter me in the contest for your "THE GREAT MONTANA COWBOY AUCTION" thanks!

29 July, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Pam, we must have the same taste in men! Thanks for stopping by. You're entered in the contest.

Lis, thanks for entering. Glad you enjoyed the website.

Check back on the blog on Aug 1 in the evening and I'll post the winner.

Hasn't that been a great party???

Anne

29 July, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am stopping by from Lucy's website and have to tell you I enjoyed the story about your crush and how you met him. Thank you for sharing a heartwarming story. I would love to be entered in the drawing. Have awonderful evening!

29 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home