Friday, July 21, 2006

100 posts

Wouldn't you know? I get a milestone number -- 100 posts on this blog -- and what am I here for? To tell you I'm leaving for Seattle in an hour and so I won't be able to say anything useful for several days.

I can also tell you that it's pouring rain, the oldest grandson is doing something outdoors at sports camp which his long-suffering mother and even longer-suffering (because she's been at it longer) other grandmother are watching, and I am trying to remember what I need to pack.

I've also discovered that my long-distance carrier is not carrying long distance at the moment in 14 states because of some outage or other. Which makes letting the people who are going to pick me up know if I'm leaving on time a bit problematic. There are cell phones, of course, and I might actually have to break down and use mine.

Spence has just dug himself into a very very very very deep hole as far as Sadie is concerned. Of course he has no idea, poor sod. He's trying to make things very casual and non-threatening (for both of them) and has managed, in doing so, to offend her deeply. One of the things about writing from both points of view is that it's very easy to understand both why Spence is doing what he's doing - because given the way he sees the situation it's the best way to behave -- and why Sadie is ready to kill him -- because given the way she sees the situation, it's the least she ought to be allowed to do. Ah, tension.

Anyway, I'll be sitting on the plane (I hope) writing it out and getting the work done I didn't get done yesterday and, so far, today.

If I can, I'll be back before I get home again. If not, play among yourself for a few days, and on the 26th we can all drop in at Lucy Monroe's blog for our very own conference with discussions and contests and prizes.

I'll also keep my eyes open for something suitably "Seattle" and maybe we can have a "Seattle contest" when I get back. There are LOTS of Seattle-and-environs based authors -- Lucy, Jane Porter, Debbie Macomber, Jayne Ann Krentz, Stella Cameron Maybe I should just get a lot of their books and do a drawing. Any other ideas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home