Sunday, July 09, 2006

Winners!

Congratulations to the Italian men in shorts for their penalty kick shootout win over France in the World Cup final today. It was a great game to watch, and I'll certainly miss all the soccer.

I hope the US starts putting some of the European and UK matches on television (I know they put some on, but they are rare around here). It isn't that I don't like watching US men in shorts play soccer. It's that I really do not like the camera work. Every time I try to watch a match, I get frustrated because the cameras are in too close. You can't see the play develop. It might be nice for the players' mothers to get to see their sons close up on television, but it doesn't do much for the appreciation of the game. So I pretty much confine my watching to Premier League soccer when I can find it. And I hope that will be more than every four years.

Other winners, according to Gunnar, who did his job of picking them today, are:
Minna Puustinen
Carol Thompson
Tiffany Whipple
all of whom won copies of Lessons From a Latin Lover in whatever language they requested.

To the rest of you, thanks very much for entering the contest. I'll be posting another soon on my website and will announce it here as well. So please check back. Last year we had a Wedding Bells contest when one of my sons got married. As another one is getting married next month, I will be doing it again this year.

And if there are any baseball fanatics out there, drop me a note anytime to participate in the baseball book drawing. Two of my early Harlequin Americans, Quicksilver Season and A Chance of Rainbows were books that had an undercurrent of baseball in them. As my oldest son was just the starting pitcher in our local semi-pro All-Star game, I feel like a drawing for those books is in order too. But it will take me some time to track them down in the attic.

So send emails to me at anne.mcallister(at)gmail.com any time and I'll enter your name, but I don't know when the drawing will be yet. I need to find the books first!

Hope all the writers who attended the RNA had a great weekend and are home safe and getting back to work.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home