Sunday, July 02, 2006

Shorts Don't Make The Man

It was brought to my attention this morning -- by Sadie snickering and Anne making inappropriate suggestions -- that I ought to put on a pair of shorts.

Anne seems to think -- or claims that Kate Walker says -- that putting on a pair of shorts (like those soccer players) would inspire me to get out of the court house and get into chapter three!

Not likely. It would probably get me thrown into jail -- where I've been a time or two when I was a kid -- and have no desire to be again. Jail wastes time. It's counter-productive. Just standing around this stupid courthouse wastes time.

And regardless of what Anne or Kate or anyone thinks, this is NOT MY FAULT!

I'm not the one who keeps tearing up the pages and going back to page 32. I'm not the one who says, "Oh, I don't think that works. Let's try it THIS way." Nope. None of it works as far as I'm concerned because, believe me, this day is NOT one of my favorites.

And it is definitely one I do not want to repeat endlessly. The sooner we get through it, the better, as far as I'm concerned.

If I thought stripping down and changing into a pair of shorts would move the plot along, I would be the first guy dropping trou. But I don't. I see it as a quick route to complete disaster. Not that the last hour hasn't been.

But I think we're getting closer. Finally. Because Anne, when she was tearing things up yesterday, tore up my point of view and gave it to Sadie.

Fine with me. I don't mind being enigmatic.

But not, (just so you know, Kate) in a pair of shorts.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kate Walker said...

Dar Spence

Spoilsport!

And count yourself lucky - there are other 'therapies' that Anne and I have for recalcitrant heroes which I might have suggested.

'Airing' perhaps?

Now that really *would* get you out of the courthouse and into jail.

Play nice, there's a good boy

Kate
PS Vito sends his best wishes. He thought he was going to get some airing, but things took a very different turn

02 July, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne had told me about "airing" and I don't think it's a bad idea at all -- in general. (Why would I?!!!)

But not in the courthouse. A guy has to pick his times and places. And the right woman would help, too.

I've never thought about Sadie that way. Well, almost never.

02 July, 2006  
Blogger Sadie Morrissey said...

Shorts wouldn't hurt.

02 July, 2006  
Blogger Michelle Styles said...

So when have you thought about Sadie in that way? And why are you trying to avoid thinking about her in that way now?

Even though you ae mad at Sadie for what she did, aren't you secretly relieved as well? Now, how are you going to save the situation?

03 July, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Relieved? No way. This simply boggles my mind.

But there's no way out. I've got to take her with me. Damn it.

03 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home