Friday, June 30, 2006

Miscellany

That's what my life seems like these days -- a series of random happenings with little rhyme or reason and even less focus.

But as June ends, I can see that there is going to have to be a concerted focus on Spence and Sadie all during the month of July. This will be interesting because I have to go to Seattle for 5 days in the 3rd week, and I have grandsons and their cousin coming the week before to go to sports camp.

I need to get 5 pages a day done in order to have some semblance of a rough draft by the end of the month -- let alone a finished product. So, wish me luck.

Today, of course, I was distracted part of the day watching Germany and Argentina and then Italy and Ukraine in the quarterfinals of The Men in Shorts. Commentators were saying that Argentina were the better team and bemoaning the fact that they lost. It seems to me that some of the same commentators were complaining that Mexico were better than Argentina when Argentina won that game, but they never complained about Argentina winning. Hmmm. At least the Germans are happy. And well they should be.

Italians are happy, too. And while the Ukrainian team is undoubtedly sad that they lost (and frankly it seemed much closer than the 3-0 score indicates, at least for much of the match), you did get the feeling that they were just extraordinarily happy to be there at all. So, hooray for them and for Shevchenko who pretty much got them there. I hope they're back in 2010.

Tomorrow England and Portugal and then Brazil and France. I need to get a lot of writing done tonight and then again tomorrow night if I'm going to watch both of those matches. I wonder if Spence and Sadie can be programmed to contribute through reward conditioning. Like, if they get 5 pages done tonight, then they (and I) can watch England-Portugal tomorrow. And if they don't . . .

Nope, don't want to go there. Just want them to get their pages done. Besides, I have to watch Beckham because I know my editor will be.

Have also just begun reading Janet Evanovich's Twelve Sharp. I know I shouldn't be reading anything, but I need to have a book going -- even if I only get as many pages read a day as I am writing. Life is not complete without a book.

Just finished writing up a small piece from Theo's point of view -- the hero of The Santorini Bride. In July our monthly feature for the Harlequin Presents Authors site is to take a main character from an upcoming book and do an "interview" with them. Various interviews by such authors as Sandra Marton, Kate Walker, Trish Morey, and others (and me!) should be posted sometime in the coming week on that site. Check it out if you want a glimpse into some future fun reads from Harlequin Presents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home