Thursday, June 22, 2006

Back at work . . .

Spence here. Anne has been fooling around for TWO weeks. First she went off to Alabama to deal with dead relatives and live cousins, and then she had her map cabinet friend back to stay and they have littered the house with paintings and there is nowhere for a self-respecting hero to get any work done.

Consequently I haven't done any. Not on paper anyway.

But I don't sit around. I don't waste time (like SOME PEOPLE I know). I have lots of irons in the fire, and if Anne can't be bothered, I have other things to do. I have spent the past week working on buying some old buildings in Naples and another in Greece. I wanted to have all that taken care of before I head off to the South Pacific the day after tomorrow.

Talk about business in paradise . . . we're building a resort on a private island. It's a venture on a scale that I've never tackled before. Working with other investors was never my forte. But there are occasions when, to get something done, you have to all pull together. The resort is one of them. I was looking forward to it. It was going to be my honeymoon.

Until Sadie showed up.

And now she's gone! Leave her in a room by herself for five minutes and she disappears. Where the hell is she? I can't even find the damn woman!

Sadie! Sadie, come back here!


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to see you back, Spence mio amico. You have been missed while you were away. Naples, hmm? Well, it is a beautiful city but my home - the Villa Limoneto in Siracusa - well, you must visit one day!

And perhaps you should count yourself lucky that your Anne has found other things to do. I had thought that this Kate was so kind, so co-operative - I met a woman - this Emily - a beautiful, passionate woman - but then .. . then - I discovered her secret!

Women! All of them! Damn their eyes - their beautiful eyes!
And damn them to hell - even authors!

Vito

23 June, 2006  
Blogger Michelle Styles said...

But I thought Sadie was imprinted on you like a duck...Pity she sems to have overcome that habit...

23 June, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gentlemen, please...........

23 June, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Heroes, bah!

24 June, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home