Friday, June 16, 2006

The best of two worlds. . . and one small glitch

I just finished up the Intermediate Genealogical and Historical Research course at the IGHR at Samford University. I don't know when I've had such a fun week. The speakers were almost all dynamic, knowledgeable and challenging, the topics were all interesting and thought-provoking, and it made me long to get back to work on a hundred different possible leads for learning more about family and local history. It also taught me a lot about how several day writers' conferences compare to this experience. And it gave me new perspective on Spence. Hooray. Maybe I can take that new perspective and fly with it when I get home. I hope so. Sadly, though, the glitch is that somehow something screwed up my computer so that now I can't use my 'enter' key to paragraph, which is why you are getting this all in one long paragraph. The good news is I am going home tomorrow, and I hope I can get it fixed sometime soon (or at least get my desktop back). I will write more about the whole experience when I get home. I HATE long paragraphs, and this is probably the longest one I've written in twenty years.

1 Comments:

Blogger anne frasier said...

oh my god. i am the queen of one word paragraphs, so i would die.

glad you had a nice time down south!!

i mean glad ya'll had a nice time down south! when i lived in southern new mexico i found that ya'll can mean one person. :D

17 June, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home