Thursday, June 08, 2006

Blessed silence . . .

Ah, I got my blog back.

The interlopers have taken their battle elsewhere. They are on the laptop at the moment, nose to nose. Spence is being sarcastic (purely a defense mechanism, but you can't tell him that), and Sadie is having all she can do not to let go with those steel-toed boots (actually I think she's in open-toed sandals at the moment and probably has decided that he's not worth breaking a toe on, but I can't tell you how tempted she is).

I am delighted that they are finally in the same room. Particularly since it's the other room, and not the one I'm in at the moment. Silence reigns in here. I love it.

Letting them blog was probably a good thing, but once they got started, I didn't think I was going to be able to shut them up. I see, however, that Sadie must have realized this as she has set up her own blog (called Sadie and Spence, I believe), but she doesn't seem to have written anything in it yet.

Maybe she will while I'm gone. I'm leaving for Alabama on Saturday (well, I'm only going as far as a friend's Saturday -- a friend who lives near the airport -- so I can leave there at 6:00 a.m. on Sunday morning. We night people are not fond of 6:00 a.m., but in this case there didn't seem to be much choice).

I'm going to spend a week filling in all the gaps in my genealogical education at Samford University's Institute of Genealogical and Historical Research. It is, from everything I've been told, the Harvard or MIT of genealogical methodology. I am looking forward to it -- the learning bit. I'm not exactly looking forward to sitting in classes much of the day. Not used to it anymore. Wonder how I did it for so many years. But it's only for a week, and I expect to learn a ton which I can then apply to my own research.

I don't expect to have much time to do that in the near future which, once I get back, is going to be spent with Spence and Sadie. But for the past three years I have either had a wedding to go to or been out of the country during the one week a year this institute takes place. So THIS YEAR I'm going. No matter what Spence and Sadie do to each other while I'm gone.

I'm hoping they will take the battle to another level. I told Sadie last night it would probably get worse before it gets better. Sadie is, as you might have been able to tell from her post, not convinced that things are going to get better. Ordinarily Sadie is not a pessimist. But then, ordinarily, Spence is not an idiot. Well, stress -- and love -- can bring out the strangest things in a guy.

Not, of course, that he would recognize love if it kicked him in the shin with a steel-toed boot.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Styles said...

Sadie just needsto realise that she is the heroine of her own story. Always. And she has to stop protecting Spence.

Enjoy your trip -- you have earnt it.

I am looking forward to more postings by your characters btw. You are a very braze woman, letting them out of the box so to speak.

09 June, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home