Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Serendipity II

So, today I was standing in line with my cousin waiting to get into a room, and earlier she had said she wanted to track down a couple who had listed surnames which were ones she also was researching. The woman in front of me in line was one of the two the cousin was looking for. Turns out their g-grandparents were sisters.

What was the joke about in the south everyone you marry is your cousin. Well, yeah, pretty much!

Interesting day. Lots of good stuff on courthouse records and on military records. But you know the best thing is having so many experts around that, if you have a question, you can ask it and -- bang -- about three people will instantly know the answer. It's so refreshing. So empowering. It's just a wonderful experience.

Now, if only every time I asked Spence or Sadie a question they knew the answer! What a wonderful world it would be. But I can't ask too much of them. They are doing their bit every night for a half or hour, before I finally collapse from exhaustion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home