Monday, June 26, 2006

What he doesn't know . . .

Spence is blustering again. I used to think he was sane and sensible and rational. Maybe he used to be sane and sensible and rational. Sometimes.

Not since yesterday.

He blames all this on me (and I accept that it was partly my fault). But it never would have happened if it hadn't been his idea. But try telling him that. And now he's being imperious and bossy and telling me what I have to do.

What he doesn't know is, I fully intend to do it. I want to do it. Who wouldn't want to spend a week on a South Pacific island? Just because I have to be there with him is no reason not to go. In fact it's the absolutely perfect reason to go.

So I can get over him once and for all.

Now I just have to go tell Anne that, so she can write it all down and then we can all go to bed. It's late. And she has to get up early tomorrow and work hard all day. Writers work very very hard (or so she tells me).

Just between you and me, it seems they spend an inordinate amount of time watching Men In Shorts. I like watching them, too. But every time I come downstairs to watch, Spence starts yelling again and I have to go back up and get to work.

You'd think the author would have to do something, wouldn't you?

2 Comments:

Blogger Christa said...

I don't think Spence and Sadie are getting along too well there Anne.
I am having the best week (and it's only Tues.) This morning there is a knock on the door, by the time I get out of bed and open the door the delivery person is gone but has left me two packages outside my door. One being my Aug. Desires (yeah) the other being from somebody that I sometimes exchange books with in the UK. One book was two stories from the TCC in 2003 and the other was The Cowboy's Christmas Miracle *see me do a happy dance*.

27 June, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Hey, Christa, you really seem to be having a super week. Hope you enjoy The Cowboy's Christmas Miracle -- even if you're reading it in June or July! (Which is when I think I wrote it, actually).

And enjoy those Desires! If you find any spectacular ones, be sure to leave a comment here and let me know so I can check it out. I haven't been getting much reading done lately because when I'm writing a book, I don't read a lot of romances. Don't want to be influenced.

As for Sadie and Spence, well, if they were getting along and everything were perfect, there wouldn't be enough conflict to sustain a book. But they have a lot of history together, so they can stand a bit of angst at this point. Besides, Spence needs to wake up and realize what a good thing he's got going for him.

27 June, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home