Tuesday, July 18, 2006

What's a guy to do?

Women! They don't make any sense. Well, one doesn't, at least.

I tried to talk to her. You know which HER. I tried to be polite, sane, rational, explain that I completely understood why she had done what she did (which I can't tell you about or it'll wreck the book. Sorry). But I was TRYING to be understanding.

And she snarled at me.

She got all huffy and bent out of shape and acted like I was in the wrong -- as usual. Or maybe not 'as usual' but certainly 'as recently.' Ever since Tuesday she's been like this. And we both know why. All I was trying to do was TALK ABOUT IT. We need to before we land. We're somewhere out in the mid-Pacific now heading toward Nadi, Fiji. We get a charter flight from there to our island. And we NEED TO TALK BEFORE WE GET THERE.

But is Sadie talking?

No, of course not. Sadie has reclined her seat, curled up in her blanket and put that stupid eyeshade over her eyes. She even has plugs in her ears. The better to blot me out with, I suppose.

She's even pretending that she's asleep. Wait. Maybe she actually IS asleep. I wonder if she knows she snores?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do NOT snore!

18 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home