Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Going to the Dogs . . .

A couple of weeks ago, Gunnar, Mitch and Micah got an email from their good friend and spectacularly scary suspense writer Anne Frasier. Anne, it seems, writes not only her own blog, static (and its auxiliary, pale immortal) but is part of a group of Minnesota based authors who have a community blog called Riding With The Top Down. Frankly I don't know how she has time to write books with all this blogging, but apparently she is better with time management than I am. She also writes shorter blogs, which might be a smart thing for me to start doing!

Anyway, Anne said that the Riding With The Top Down gals were featuring their pets and other animal friends soon, and would Gunnar, Micah and Mitch like to participate. Well, Gunnar shoved the camera into my hands, and the others agreed to pose, and today their pictures are featured on the Riding With The Top Down blog. They are most pleased.

They also enjoyed reading about the other animals who have also already been featured. As a several-hand dog himself, Gunnar particularly enjoyed reading about Emma, Susan Kay Law's wonderful lab mix who has brought joy and peace to their household, particularly in a time of great stress. And the tiger pix that Anne posted are absolutely not to be missed.

So, do Gunnar, Micah and Mitch a favor and go visit them at Riding With The Top Down and look at the other great blog entries, too.

I'm thinking we should do something similar here now that the men in shorts have faded into the distance. Got any ideas? It would be nice to have a few intriguing blogs while I'm up to my eyeballs in Spence and Sadie (who continue to behave, bless their hearts).

Also, if you haven't enlarged my ClustrMap recently to see where the readers of the blog are, do it -- and particularly go up and click on the "map with smaller clusters" link by the Navigation sign on the upper left side above the map. If you do that it then sprouts literally hundreds of little dots representing places on pretty much every continent. It's so exciting to see the new dots every time they redraw the map. I love ClustrMaps, and apparently my attitude is shared by a number of other Mills & Boon authors because I notice that Michelle Styles and Kate Walker's blogs are now sporting ClustrMaps of their own.

The biggest gap in mine is Russia. I have one dot in China, but Russia is still empty. Anyone know anyone in Russia they can send by to read the blog so next time they redraw I can have a dot in Russia? Of course I need lots of places in Africa and South America, too. But Argentina is now represented and Egypt and Morocco have come on board.

I love seeing all the dots. If you've got farflung friends, send them by to visit. I'd love to cover the world with little -- or big - red dots. Thanks!

4 Comments:

Blogger anne frasier said...

anne, i loved that you and the boys visited riding with the top down. what a beautiful sight to behold. and that gunnar. whew. i can't quit looking at him.

i have no time to write. i don't! it's insane! i really have to do some balancing -- although riding doesn't take much time because there are so many of us and we have certain days we post. very few a month.

you are also right about length. i tend to post short things and links. actually the biggest time drain is visiting other blogs. i'm addicted and i have to cut back. that's all there is to it. i have about 20 regular ones and probably 20 more i visit a couple of times a week!! somebody taser me!

12 July, 2006  
Blogger Michelle Styles said...

I thinik the clustr maps are v interesting. You have started a craze!
Until you see someting like this, one tends to think of one's readers as being from one or two places at most. It is incredible how far flung people are.

13 July, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Anne, you're amazing with all the blogs. And now "My Space" too? I had no idea! Obviously I live a sheltered life!

13 July, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Michelle,

Aren't the maps fun? It's true, too, what you said about people reading blogs from all over. I love looking at those little dots. It completely reassures me that if a tree falls in the forest, somebody, somewhere is going to hear it!

Now, I just need to write my damn book!

13 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home