Thursday, July 13, 2006

Jane's Book

Don't forget that Jane Porter's new book, Flirting With Forty, should now be gracing the shelves of bookstores near you -- if you live in the US anyway. And with the advent of online bookselling, any book is orderable no matter where you are.

Jackie Laurens's life turns upside down when she finds herself divorced, raising kids on her own, trying to find her way in a career that has to pay the bills, and trying to find out who the real Jackie is as a person now that she's on her own.

If you are looking for a fun, laugh-out-loud, yet very moving read, give Flirting a shot. You'll be glad you did.


And while you're at it, if you haven't read The Frog Prince, what are you waiting for? Jane's first foray into mainstream lit had me staying up all night reading and loving every minute of it. I've bought four copies and given them to family and friends (and, no, Jane is NOT paying me to say that!). I loved the voice. I loved the heroine's relationships. I loved how she grew in the course of the book.

On my own writing front, Spence and Sadie, bless 'em, are working hard. They might get to the island before the weekend and the grandsons (mine, not theirs) arrive for a week of sports camp. Here's hoping!

1 Comments:

Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Marilyn,

Your comment on Jane's book has apparently vanished into cyberspace! I posted it. It appeared. And now -- for no apparent reason -- it's gone.

So if it doesn't reappear soon, you might want to repost it. Or maybe you can simply conjure it up out of cyber-spatial nothingness. I can't! Or maybe it will just reappear without either of us doing anything and make me look like an idiot for writing this!

Anyway, I was delighted to hear Jane's launch of Flirting went so well. It was a wonderful read!

15 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home