Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Pix - Writers, Cats and Hedgehogs at last!

So, here they are. The pictures that I couldn't post yesterday.

First we have the Famous Author Kate Walker admidst her office chaos, looking kind and benevolent and exactly like someone who has just bestowed a copy of a Hugh Jackman magazine on a grateful jet-lagged friend. This is Kate's newly refurbished office -- not that you can tell. But the new bookshelves and carpet and lovely settee are worth remarking on (if not photographing).


And then there is Sid -- A Cat Of Superior Breeding -- who has made me very welcome and who has deigned to let me scratch him behind the ears and under the chin and let me feed him Greenies and salmon, and who even came in and tromped across the bed last night.

And then there are the hedgehogs. We have here Mr Tiny Hedgehog. He was the only one who came out the first night. But last night all three generations were represented. I will, Blogger permitting and camera being found, post some of last night's pictures later today. I have a particularly interesting one of Mr Giant Hedgehog hightailing it off with one of his back legs clearly visible and reminding me of those three-legged running Manx symbols. Do you suppose they are based on hedgehogs?

Also, I have a new ClustrMap. And things are really getting red and blotchy. I'm very impressed. However, I could certainly use someone in Perth, Western Australia to show up. And China. China would be nice. Lots of places in Africa under-represented so far. But I'm very glad to see all those new South American dots. I keep hoping one will appear in Fortaleza, Brasil because one of my sons went there with a Brazilian friend when he was working down there. He loved Fortaleza and brought home great pictures of the area.

In the meantime, North Lincolnshire hedgehogs on the internet, you are vastly under-represented on my ClustrMap. So let's get busy. Get online. Visit! And I will post more pictures anon.

Still trying to think of a new first line for Spence. Hmmmm.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Styles said...

Ack on your new map! Luckily I managed to get a copy of your old one before it disappeared.

Glad you are here safe and sound.

19 September, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Why are you collecting my map, Michelle? And the new one has more dots than the old one, so if you want lots of dots, go for it!

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Anne

19 September, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home