Sunday, December 17, 2006

The Christmas of the Kangaroos

Now that my kangaroo has appeared, they seem to be everywhere.

I had an email from Marion Lennox this morning recounting the very large black kangaroo having a drink out of the birdbath in her garden. Inasmuch as Australia is deep in drought these days, it's no wonder he came calling. Sadly she didn't get a picture of him.

But Anne Frasier has a kangaroo on her blog, too. A definitely seasonal one. But, as it was 56 degrees here this afternoon, he wouldn't have lasted long in our yard.

I've just returned from fetching my daughter and granddaughter from the airport. We have a list of to-dos for the holidays that we need to get started on bright and early in the morning -- mostly having to do with the tea we are hosting for a dozen or so friends the next day. This is a more or less annual tradition, begun when the glowkid (so called from the glow-in-the-dark blanket she was wrapped in when, as a premie, she battled jaundice) was two and enchanted with tea parties.

Will try to keep you posted. If you're in the neighborhood, the kettle is always on.

6 Comments:

Blogger Christa said...

Does this mean you will have a kangaroo in one of your books shortly?

I recently received my last shipment of Men Made in America theme collection and the Wisconson book was Starstruck. Was that the first book you had published?

17 December, 2006  
Blogger Anna Campbell said...

No kangaroos at my place, Anne, but I've had to start rescuing baby blue tongue lizards from the bathrooms. Clearly, they're trying to find somewhere moist and cool to get away from the blistering heat. Happy Holidays to you!!!

17 December, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Christa, Yes, Starstruck was my first published book. It was the second book I wrote. The first one was Dare To Trust, which became a Harlequin Romance and came out two months after Starstruck initially.

I used to have the Michigan book, To Tame A Wolf, but I don't think I've ever seen a new Men: Made In America version of Starstruck. Interesting. I'll have to track it down and see what it looks like!

Thanks for telling me!

Best,
Anne

17 December, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Anna,

The drought sounds terrible. I hope you get some decent rainfall soon. We used to see blue lizards in the Caribbean. I wonder if they are related to your blue-tongue lizards. I always loved seeing them.

17 December, 2006  
Blogger Anna Campbell said...

Actually, Anne, I have a strange fondness for lizards. We have quite a lot around our place - my favourites are the bearded dragons which look quite fearsome but somehow become craggy, benign presences. Blue tongue lizards have blue tongues (duh!) but are striped a bit like a python. They can give you a fright if you come across them unawares because they can look like snakes if you can't see their legs. Thank you for the wish for rain! From your lips to God's ear!

17 December, 2006  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

I'll try to find a blue-tongued lizard on the web so I can have a look. They don't sound much like the Bahamian blue lizards we've seen who could not remotely be mistaken for snakes!

Keeping up the good thoughts for rain!

18 December, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home