Monday, April 02, 2007

Spring showers and time warps

Those blue flowers are getting beaten down to the ground at the moment. We're having thunderstorm after thunderstorm passing through. The 96 dog foot day is a reality -- and will probably last all week.

But I am barely noticing because I have spent all day in February in Montana with Flynn and Sara. It's Valentine's Day where we are.

I find that almost always happens. It's rare that I end up writing about a season when we are actually going through it. I am more often sweltering while writing about snowmen and sledding or sitting huddled under sweaters and blankets while my hero and heroine are cavorting around in bathing suits on Pelican Cay.

All I can say is, the imagination is a wonderful thing. And detailed memories make it all work -- that and gluing myself to the chair. I'm aiming for 2000 words a day. If I can keep the computer plugged in, I'll make it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home