Monday, May 14, 2007

Ireland, Here We Come!


Finally . . . you write a book set in Ireland and you really expect to get there sometime in the first half of the book.

Well, you hope to get there. Just recently I've been hoping like mad that we were going to get there at all. I had visions of calling my editor and saying, "Remember Flynn and Sara? The New York to Ireland book? Well, um, it ended up being in Montana."

Yes, I know Presents are supposed to be exotic. Think of it this way, most of the world does not live in Montana; ergo, to most of the world Montana is exotic. I hope.

But in fact we have finally made it to Ireland. And Flynn is having serious second thoughts. It's one of those "be careful what you pray for" moments. He doesn't know what Sara thinks. He's about to find out.

I wish I had another two months to write this book instead of just a few days to pull it all together. There's a lot I'd like to do in Ireland. Maybe if Dev, Flynn's brother, behaves himself, I'll consider making him a hero. Then we could do more Ireland stuff. Yes? Maybe we could even go back. That'd be nice.

I have to tell Sid, Kate's cat, though, that he will not want to go to Dunmorey, Flynn's castle. He's already threatening to build an ark if it doesn't stop raining in Lincolnshire.

The Ireland that Flynn has taken Sara and Liam to is pretty soggy. Much soggier than the Ireland we experienced. Poetic license, okay?

Since we've finally made it to Ireland, I decided a few inspirational pictures were in order. Enjoy.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it's about time...!
x Abby

15 May, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

I quite agree, Abby! It seems like it's taken forever. I almost need to come back in order to remember all the details. Do you think I could maybe make another trip???

15 May, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes...just no mention of you know who...please...!
x Abby

15 May, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Eamon, you mean, Abby? Whyever not?

15 May, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, how does one make a wooden spoon travel through cyber space?!
x a mischievous Abby

15 May, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Maybe you can bring it for a visit. Or threaten Eamon with it.

15 May, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home