Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Slow Plane to Egypt


Hey,
Theo here. Miss me? Of course you did.

Martha and I stopped by to show the babe to Anne and she carted him off (along with Ted) to get acquainted, and as she went out the door, she said, "By the way, you might want to write a blog today while I get some work done. And you know those contest books we sent to Egypt AIR MAIL? Well, they finally arrived."

Airmail to Egypt takes three months?

I could sail there in a leaky boat in that amount of time. Hell, I could sail there and back.

What's with the post office? Don't they understand the word Air
? Or maybe it's Mail they don't understand.

Anyway, we are really sorry Mona didn't get her books before now. It's not that we didn't try. And we hope it doesn't discourage anyone else from entering contests. I asked Anne about when she was having another one, and she said, "You set one up. I'll mail the books."

So I'm going to see if Dom and Max want to have another go at it. Or maybe I'll talk to Spence. He's dropped by a couple of times when he's not out buying up real estate in the far corners of the globe.

Not sure which books we should give away for prizes. Got any ideas?

Anne was pretty excited that someone from the Bahamas turned up as the 57th country on her blog counter. She wonders if they turned up because of Pelican Cay and the McGillivrays -- or if they were lost. She says thanks for stopping by.

She hopes that someone from Fiji will come soon, too, because her next book, The Boss's Wife For A Week, spends most of that week in Fiji. I got to do some of the research for her. She sent me sailing around looking for just the right island. I found one, too. Gorgeous place. Isolated. Breath-taking. I'm taking Martha and the babe there for a little R&R.

Post comments about prize book ideas. I'll be in touch with Max and Dom and Spence and keep you posted on what we're doing. If this Irish guy, Flynn, ever gets his act together, we might let him help us. Right now he's got his hands full.

Martha says hi. Ted says, woof. The babe is asleep, thank God.

cheers,
Theo

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate Walker said...

Theo, mio amico - welcome back. It is good to hear of you and your bella moglie Martha and now the brand new bambino.

Congratulazoni!
A new contest - I'd be up for that though Kate is so busy with other heroes these days I'd have to push her into it. She's totally occupied with some Sicilians right now but hey - at least Sicily is in Italy. I looked into her room a couple of days ago and she was talking to some Spaniard! And now, it seems there's a Greek on the horizon - but I expect that you'd get on OK with him.

So yes, let me know and I'll see what I can do to find some books - perhaps we should celebrate the bambinos - mia Alicia is gravidanza too.
Good to hear from you

Ciao
Domenico - okay - you can call me Dom - Alicia says I need to lighten up on this name thing and I think she's right

10 May, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Thanks, Dom.
Good idea about celebrating the kids. When's yours due?

Edward is definitely a chip off the old block.

Yeah, tell Kate it would be a good idea. I know she's got some big book celebration coming up, 'cause Anne is sad she can't get there to be a part of it. I said, why couldn't she? And she said because she was going to Alabama.

Alabama? What's with that? Oh, well. Authors. What can you do with them?

Talk to Kate. Tell her Anne has a bunch of her books here for prizes.

cheers,
Theo

10 May, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always enjoy catching up with Theo!!

Kate

10 May, 2007  
Blogger Liz Fielding said...

Congratulations on the bambino, Theo. I bet he's a pip. Give Martha my love, and a scratch behind the ear for Ted, too.

Love, Liz

11 May, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home