Sunday, April 29, 2007

Four footed visitors



When I wrote that title I wasn't sure if I wanted to write about my twin grandsons who, between them, have four feet (though it often seems like more) and were here visiting this weekend for a brief time. Or if I wanted to write about the dog their dad is helping to look for a home for.

But since the dog is more in need of a home than they are (no one having decided they need to pack up and move on), I guess it will be the dog.

He's a great dog. Talented (he sits and stays and catches balls). Reasonably well-behaved (he didn't pull me off my feet when I took him outside and down the stairs like a dog I know and love has tried to do on various occasions). He also likes kids (including two year olds) and other dogs.

Sadly he can't stay in the home he is now living in. My son is considering adopting him (but this is possibly not the best idea). There are a few other local options, but there is also the wonderful Golden Rescue organization for our tri-state area. One of our earlier goldens, Jake, came to us from them. He was supposed to be passing through, but remained and became one of the family.

I know the twins would like this guy to stick around, too. I just thought I'd share him with you because he's an extra nice dog.

I'm also thinking maybe I can work him into a book and he could put it on his resume. Sparks the cat did that, and now he's got a brilliant home in one of the islands off the top end of Scotland (and no, I'm not kidding).

The book continues to go well. I continue to be amazed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Styles said...

Hooray that the book is going well.

He looks like a marvellous dog. I truly hope he gets the home that he so richly deserves.

29 April, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great on the book Anne, and why so amazed that it's going well?!!
x Abby Green

30 April, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Michelle, I hope he gets a great home, too. My daughter would love him as well, but right now she is between two houses, one of which will not permit pets. Sigh.

Abby, I'm always amazed when it goes well because my experience is that it so rarely does. Especially not for four days in a row. It's a little eerie. There is the problem, of course, that I have about twice as much story left as I have pages to put it in. So I will write long and then go back and cut, cut, cut. Can't see chopping it down now. Will just let it grow and then find the deadest wood to prune.

Hope yours is going well!

Anne

30 April, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home