Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The End of the Tunnel

It's there.

I can see it -- the light at the end of the tunnel.

It may be faint and far off, but it's perceptible. And I can actually see the track for the rest of the way. I spent today writing it all down. A rough draft, if you will, of the whole rest of the book. I sent it to my dear friend Anne Gracie to see if she could spot any gaping chasms I wasn't seeing. She wrote back, Nope. (or words to that effect).

I feel like I can breathe again. I knew it yesterday when my scratching paid off, even where I wasn't expecting it. I knew it when the penny dropped about Sara and a sense of home. I could glimpse it then in flashes, but today I could actually see it for long steady periods of time -- while I wrote.

So tomorrow I'm taking three hours off. I'm taking my mother to lunch to celebrate her anniversary of coming to live here. She's been here 6 years (she thinks eternity has nothing on this. Time moves slower where it snows, she says). But we are celebrating tomorrow.

And I have even more to celebrate than her anniversary. I can celebrate finally seeing that light!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home