Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Not Rose

I like the suggestions so far that have come my way for my chapter nine girl (or woman, if you prefer) in Flynn and Sara's book.

Kate Walker suggested "Abby" as she has a soft voice but can command an army like our dear Abby Green. And then Abby Green herself (when she wasn't busy raging on about Eamon -- and I am going to laugh so hard, Abby my love, if your Prince Charming turns out to be an Eamon!) turned up and said that Abby was too "chummy" but that Abigail might work.

It might. So might some of her other Irish suggestions, though I'm having a hard time imagining getting Sadhbh (I don't care how you pronounce it) past my editor. And sadly, Abby, I've used Cara and Cait as heroines already. Michelle, I've used Mary. Although since I haven't committed to making her a heroine later on, I suppose it doesn't matter.

But if I named her Abby, I could write a book about her and a hero named Eamon, couldn't I? Heehee.

On the other hand, I like Michelle's suggestion of "Nell" and the other Kate's suggestion of "Rowan." Hmmmm.

Still none of the suggestions has simply leapt out at me as perfect, nor has my nameless lady popped up in my head saying, "That's it! That's my name!"

But maybe she's just busy and hasn't had a look at them yet.

I'll show you her picture here. See if that helps. I'm getting closer to chapter nine. She can't remain nameless forever!

6 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Styles said...

You have used Cait, but have you used Caitlin?
Of course there is Bridget or Biddy. Bernadine. Caroline. Lucy. Pauline. Patricia. Imelda (Mel).

Eamon is fine. I always think of Eamon Martin who won the London Marathon about 14 years ago. Curly dark hair, reasonably broad shoulders for a runner. Pleasant face. Somehow I don't think he wore cardies...maybe he wore them when no one was looking...

Personally I like Liam as an Irish male name.

03 May, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, if Prince Charming does turn out to be Eamon, he can prove his love by changing his name for a start! Bossy, aren't I?
I think she looks like a Julia. Or a Robyn.Or what about Geraldine, with Gerry for short?
Samantha,Moya, Julianne...
x Abby

03 May, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Michelle, Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll put them to her and see what we come up with. I like Liam for a guy, too. That's Flynn's son's name.

Abby, I am soooooo hoping for a Prince Charming named Eamon. ;) But being masterful, he would NEVER change his name. You'd learn to love it!

03 May, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At the risk of this turning into a pantomime, oh no he wouldn't!!!
x Abby

03 May, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

He wouldn't? Or you wouldn't? Maybe he would want you to change yours...

03 May, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooohhh! Yes he would...

03 May, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home