Monday, February 25, 2008

Flynn's Out!


Well, Sara is, too, of course. But you know what I mean.

I was at the drug store/post office this morning -- sending off some homemade Grasmere gingerbread to a friend who loves it and, incidentally, buying a gallon of milk before The Big Snow hit this afternoon -- and there on the shelves sat Flynn and Sara, otherwise known as One-Night Love Child.

Right there at eye level. They looked lovely. Very appealing.

I'm sure all the other books did, too, but to tell the truth, I didn't notice much. I will next time I go. I promise.

But I straightened their stack and then I decided to buy a copy to give to my mother. It isn't that I don't have author copies, but I thought Flynn and Sara would enjoy being purchased. And my mother will enjoy having it -- even if her eyes are not the best anymore.

I think of it as priming the pump -- purchasing the book -- now maybe other people will, too (she said hopefully). If you want to try before you buy, remember you can check out an excerpt here.

Now I must go shovel off some snow. We're up to our eyebrows in the stuff and there's more coming down!

Seb says hi. He's whistling at the moment. He's about to get the shock of his life, though. Poor Seb.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne I'm so glad you posted the One Night Love Child was out in the stores. I picked up the March Presents at my local Walmart a few days ago. I thought that there should have been more than six but assumed that the Presents collection were making up the rest.Anyway long story short yours was not on the shelf so I'm off to search for a copy.

Chris.

26 February, 2008  
Blogger Kate Walker said...

Good for Flynn - I'm glad he's getting his moment in the spotlight - I wish him wonderful sales. He deserves them.

Chris, do hunt down a copy, I'm sure you'll enjoy this one.

Kate

26 February, 2008  
Blogger Christa said...

I'm just waiting for the postman to knockm on the door with my copy

26 February, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Argh, Chris! He wasn't in Wal-Mart? Wonder what THAT will do for sales? Don't even want to think.

Thank you, Kate, for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed him.

And Christa, how smart of you to wait for the postman to bring him. I like getting books in the post -- saves the insanity of going out in the ice and snow when I could be tucked up at home reading!

26 February, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne I'm sure it must have been there at one stage. Probably sold out very quickly. This place is a new Super Wal mart which is always really busy.

I'll let you know if I have more sucess at the local store.

Yes Kate I'm sure I'll enjoy it too after your glowing remarks.

Chris.

26 February, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Thanks for the good thoughts, Chris. I hope so. If you happen to get back there this month and you don't see it, will you ask them, please, why it isn't there? It was the last number of the month, so I'm wondering if they only stocked 6 of the 8.

Don't want to think about that!

26 February, 2008  
Blogger Madeline said...

Hi Anne, Flynn came in the mail today. Since we're getting the second of the big snow storms right now, I'm going to curl up in my bed, with a nice hot cup of tea and read Flynns story. I can't wait to read it.

Mads:)

27 February, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

thanks for letting me know, Mads. I hope you enjoy him!

27 February, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved Flynn and Sara!!

Now, what's up with DEV???

Kim

12 March, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Kim, You think I should find out Dev's story? I'll have to ask him. He hasn't been very forthcoming. Something to think about while I'm banging my head against the current book!

12 March, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home