Friday, March 14, 2008

The Big Thaw


This has been a long hard winter. The snow has been up to our eyeballs, literally, for months.

But this past three or four days we have seen temps above freezing -- and this means we have been outside chipping away at the alps of ice that have been accumulating in front of our house. We have, in fact, been chipping for most of the winter. But we haven't had much success until this week.

I am considering my success on the ice front to make up for the fact that Sebastian has been lying on his back thinking of a thousand sundry things, none of them conducive to getting me past where I've been for way too long.

Tomorrow, I told him, you move. You roll over. You do something! Anything! You've just got to get out of bed. It's not as if Neely is even anywhere in the vicinity. She's out sailing with Max.

Who's Max? you ask.

Well, Seb knows exactly who Max is -- and he's not happy about it.

That's one of the things that's keeping him awake. But ten days of indecision while he -- and I -- decide where to start this scene when we know exactly what it has to contain -- is tooooooo much.

So, tomorrow, Seb -- up and at 'em. If not, I'll be back with the ice shovel and shift you.

As for Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle -- it's everything I imagined it would be. Gross, funny, very much the sort of film that my teenage sons adored. It's deja vu all over again! I wonder if any of them have seen it. I'll have have to ask.

We didn't manage to see it all because the film was defective and scratched and so it's going back to be replaced by another one. Sigh. You'd think we would have seen enough of it to just call it quits. But when you're engrossed (and I use the term advisedly) in young men's angst, you have to see it through to the end. Leaving them where they were when they irrevocably locked up is, um, disconcerting . . .

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger EllenToo said...

Just found your blog thanks to Bronwyn Jameson's blog which I got to by way of Robyn Grady's blog. Sure hope you get Seb out of bed. I haven't seen the movie "Harold & Kumer". Would like to say I love your books.

15 March, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Hi Ellen
Well, blessings on Bron and on Robyn Grady for leading you here. So glad you came to visit.

I can guarantee you that Seb is OUT OF BED. Grumbling, but on his feet.

So glad you like my books. I hope you continue to do so!

cheers,
Anne

15 March, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home