Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Growth Spurts!


Those who were here six months ago remember me taking off to visit my son and daughter-in-law and brand-new granddaughter Ellie.

I shared a pic of her then. I thought I'd share another one now -- an updated 6 month old Ellie, wearing a shirt which came to her mysteriously by an unknown donor (can't imagine who!).

She's grown a lot.

So has another young lady -- Ms Flora Floozibelle Walker -- feline daughter of Kate.

Flora is posing alongside the Easter card we sent her. She wrote me a thank-you note for it just this morning.

Ellie often writes me thank-you notes, too.

I'm very impressed with the manners of this younger generation!

While you're out wandering around the internet, check out the Tote Bags 'n' Blogs site on Wednesday where I am extolling the virtues of yet another sort of research.

You might even see someone you recognize there! And he might be wearing a towel.

And then on Thursday I'm blogging at Fresh Fiction. Drop by and say hi if you have a chance. No towels there, but some reflections on linked books and loose ends.

And be sure to come back here for a pic of one of my absolute favorite heroes on Wednesday.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Madeline said...

Hi Anne, Ellie is beautiful, and growing up so fast. I love her new Tshirt. I can't seem to post on Kates blog. It now requires an audio verification, and I can't seem to get the audio. Please tell her the next time you talk to her that I just ordered her new book. It should be here next week.

In case you don't know yet, I'm very much in love with Flynn. I lost sleep reading his story. I couldn't put it down. Thank you for another night of some very good reading.

All the Best, Mads:)

05 March, 2008  
Blogger Dena said...

Hi Anne, Ellie is adorable, it's amazing how fast they grow. My daughter just turned 19 and seems like yesterday she was a baby. Flora is a cutey, she and Sid are very photogenic.

05 March, 2008  
Blogger Kate Walker said...

Anne - I hope it's OK if I answer Madeline here
Hi Madeline
Thak you for ordering my new book. I really hope you enjoy it when you get it.
I'm confuzzled though by your comment about my blog. I haven't changed anything on there and I definitely didn't set up any audio verification - in fact I've never heard of it! So I'm really sorry if you can't post comments on my blog as I'll miss you.

Please give it another try and email me if you can't get in. If the worst comes to the worst, I'll post your comments myself!

Thanks for borrowing your blog to reply, Anne! Flora sends her love. She is delighted to have her picture posted

Kate

05 March, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Mads, Thanks for your comments. Yes, we think Ellie is pretty special. As you can see, Kate got your message. And I'm thrilled you love Flynn. So do I!

Dena, those childhood years go by in a flash, don't they? I still remember when mine were babies and now they have babies of their own (and some of those aren't even babies anymore!)

Kate, hope you get your verification sorted out. It's a never-ending challenge, isn't it?

05 March, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellie is beautiful Anne. I have a little neice called Ellie.

Well I finally managed to get to my local Wal Mart, I'm happy to report that I managed to get a copy of One Night Love Child. So I suspect that they must have sold out at the local Super Wal Mart which is always very busy.

Just need to get some quiet time now to enjoy Flynn and Sara's story.

Chris.

05 March, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Hi Chris, Thanks! I'm sure your Ellie is a darling, too.

Glad you were able to get a copy of One-Night Love Child at your Wal-Mart -- and I'll tell myself that it must have been sold out at the other one (that will make me feel good!) Now I just hope you enjoy it!

05 March, 2008  
Blogger Kate Hardy said...

Love the pic of Ellie, Anne - she's gorgeous.

And that slogan cracked me up.

(Flora is pretty cute, too.)

Looking forward to the fact I can get your latest in about 3 weeks :o)

06 March, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Thanks, Kate. We're pretty fond of Ellie as you might imagine. And yes, Flora is turning out to be a gorgeous young lady. Apparently a pretty assertive one, too, if comments from El Sid are anything to go by!

Hope you enjoy One-Night Love Child!

06 March, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home