Monday, September 29, 2008

Clean Knickers and a cup of tea

Or why I may never leave Kate Walker's house . . .

Greetings to all from the other side of the pond where the sun is shining and all is well. While I was taking a shower this morning, Kate brought up my clean laundry and a cup of tea, so I came back to my room (shared with Sid the cat) to lovely clean clothes and a sustaining brew.

I could get used to service like that!

Seriously, we have had a great time.Sid has made me most welcome (he's crazy about his Greenies). Flora the floozie has been swanning around showing off her birthday presents. And Dylan, also a greenies fan, has deigned to come have ear rubs every evening.

We had a wonderful time with Michelle Reid and her husband, prowled an old churchyard at a priory near to them, and then drove back to Kates across the Yorkshire Dales. It's very tempting to set a book in England.Who needs these 'exotic' Mediterranean locales?

I'm off today for Sophie Weston's where I will meet the pyrate in her life, her Maine Coon, Tom Kydd. And then we are off to France.

I hope to download some pics when at her house (or in France) so stand by!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having a wonderful time. Reading your post made me feel quite homesick. Looking forward to seeing the pics.


Chris.

29 September, 2008  
Blogger Cait London said...

Anne, I'm envious of your trip. Have a good time, but be safe.

07 October, 2008  
Blogger Madeline said...

Hi Anne, I tried to catch you before you went to Jolly Old England. Sorry I missed you. If you talk to Kate please give her my reguards and tell her Sadie sends a big hello to Sir Sid.

I hope you are having fun on your trip. I'll try to catch up with you later. Lots to tell you.

Sending many belated hugs your way. Mads:)

08 October, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home